Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / 2D Screen Resolution

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
A partner, and I have ran into a problem when trying to place a background image on a window using Dark GDK. We simply use dbSetSprite(BACKGROUND, 0, 0, BACKGROUND) where BACKGROUND is equal to the integer where the background is held. But, when the image is placed on the screen it is cut off at the bottom.

We've tried multiple fixes including changing the window size, but it just rescales the cut-off image instead of stretching the window to actually show the rest of the picture.

Here are pictures showing the issue:

It looks like this.

It should look like this.

Ignore the gap in the image I'm also working on getting the picture to scroll correctly, and I think the size issue is the cause behind it not working correctly.

Thanks for taking a look guys.
Hassan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2011 09:04
i dont see any screenshots, but i think i understand, well try either re-scaling the resolution and not the window, using dbSetDisplayMode ( ... ), or stretching the sprite itself (dbStretchSprite as i recall..)

DeadTomGC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 21:43
Try just using this line of code:

I'll get a new signature someday.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-23 03:16:05
Your offset time is: 2024-06-23 03:16:05