Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Breakpoints not working correctly

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, I would appreciate some help with this question. I'm kind of new to Dark GDK, but I have some C++ experience. I am using Visual Studio 2008.

My question is, my code compiles fine and runs fine in both debug and as a release, but when I place a breakpoint in the code something weird happens. The breakpoint is hit and the program stops but it never kicks back into visual studio to the breakpoint. My program is stopped so I can't exit out of it, but if I go into my task manager I can get back into visual studio and stop the program. I just can't step through the program, or look at variable values or anything like that. Its weird, this didn't use to happen. I must have changed something, I just can't figure out what it is. Maybe just a setting within visual studio, or is it something else? Any ideas? Thanks in advance,
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds like you're running in full-screen mode. Change to windowed mode and see what that does for you.
Diode
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes!! That did the trick! Now that you point it out to me it seems pretty obvious.... Thanks a ton!! Ive been coding without a debugger for a couple weeks now, so this is great to have back. Thanks again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-23 03:25:10
Your offset time is: 2024-06-23 03:25:10