Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / DLL Errors in DBPRO

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 21:31
Hi everyone.

It's been a while, but I'm coming back to DarkBASIC. It's simply the easiest and best development application there is. However, I am trying to use the Free version of DarkBasic Pro. When I have tried to execute the included sample projects, I keep getting DLL missing errors.

The machine I'm trying to run DBPRO on is a laptop. The system is running Windows 7 Home (64-bit), has 2 GB of DDR3 RAM, and built-in ATi Graphics. I understand that the DLLs missing possibly are part of Direct X. And from the names of the files, I would suspect that they are from version 9 of Direct X.

If anyone might have any suggestions on how to fix these issues, please let me know. Thanks in advance!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 22:28
Just google for 'DirectX web installer', download it from MS's site, and then run it - that will install everything you need for DirectX 9.

Kamakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2011 22:37
Thanks IanM...that did the trick. You would think that Windows would come with this stuff already installed. LOL. Thanks again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:30:47
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:30:47