Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DLL Talk / dll that is not plugin

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 02:43
what should i do to get dll that is not implemented in dbp like plugin, but it works like newton, so you need to have it in the same directory as the game exe. I want to achive this with c++ but don't know how to do this, does anyone tried this?
nruser
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 21:31
bump
Robert The Robot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 10:29 Edited at: 8th Feb 2011 10:30
I don't know for sure (I don't have much experience with DLLs yet) but I guess you just have to create a standard DLL in C++, like you would any other DLL.

To access it, call "Load DLL" (DBPro checks the system32 windows folder and the exe directory first, so no relative pathnames are needed). To call functions from the dll, just use "Call DLL". I'm not sure if you'd need the decorated function names or not.

Just out of interest, why wouldn't you wnt your DLL to be a full-fledged plugin? There's so much work going into making a DLL anyway, it's not that much more to make it a compatible plugin.

We spend our lives chasing dreams. Dark Basic lets us catch some of them.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 01:15:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 01:15:06