Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Add-ons, how are they used?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, dumb newbie question time. =D

I have the add-ons such as Dark AI, Dark Physics, etc. All are listed as installed and registered. Are these just a series of new commands available in the main editor, or are they supposed to be their own plug-in program? I can't seem to find anything in the DBPRo menus that show where or how I can access these add-ons.

I have 2 books on DB PRo programming, DBPro game programming second edition, and DarkBasic Programming for the absolute beginner. Obviously, neither one of these books mention anything about the add-on commands. How would I go about figuring out how to use them? Thanks!
Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 20:54
Hello
the plugins add new commands to dbpro.

documentation and example programs can be found in the game creators start menu folder.

Can't tell u much more than that as im just learning to use them too.
Hope this helps

Sometimes I like to use words out of contents
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 08:41
Just about finding the commands in the help menu. Although they cannot be put there automatically, it is quite easy to add them which is what I usually do. You want to open

C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\Dark Basic Professional Online\Help\commands.htm

with notepad++ or any text editor. You can then just edit it as you would for any html file. You will find that most well documented plugins will have their own commands list which may either be in the same directory as commands.htm or in a sub folder with the name of the add-on. For example, DarkAI.chm is located in the same directory as commands.htm whilst the STYX command list is found in the sub-directory styx\main.htm.

I find this can be useful for looking up add-on commands whilst coding. However remember that if you do this, take a backup of the commands.htm file after you have edited it as when you install a DBP update, the commands.htm file will be overwritten and so to avoid doing redoing your work, just restore the file from a backup. Hope this is useful.
Kezzla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 08:58
That is extremely useful!
no more time wasted help file hunting.
thankyou Lucas

Sometimes I like to use words out of contents
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2011 10:17
Most plugins allow context-sensitive help. Click on the command, it will open in the help window. There are a couple of exceptions, can't remember which they are.

Some products on the TGC site are separate applications. Dark Shader is an example.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:15:40
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:15:40