Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Program Compatibility Issues Maybe?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Feb 2011 22:17
Thanks to the help on my Direct X issue. I didn't notice the DLL Thread beforehand so I feel like a dummy LOL.

I have wanted to purchase DBPro for a long time now but was stuck using the Free version simply because I couldn't afford to buy. Wanting to support TGCs continued efforts, I finally was able to and purchased their current deal on Dark Game Studio. I downloaded the DBPRO included with the package and installed it.

At first, I let it install in the default location "Program Files (x86)" and kept running into Administrator issues. Even when I set the program to have full access. So, I thought..."OK...I'll just uninstall it and reinstall it to its own folder." I reinstalled the program to "C:\Dark Basic Professional". So far, I haven't had any administrator issues. Gotta love Windows right?

However, I have ran into another issue. The program I was working on in the Free version of DBPRO is having issues in the purchased version. Are there enough differences between the two versions of DBPRO that the program simply won't work right in the purchased version of DBPRO? Will I have to rewrite the program to solve these issues?

To clarify a little, what I am experiencing are "Can't write executable to location", the program has a hard time loading usually taking at least one minute, and when it does run, it is not working like before and seems very unstable. The same program, in the Free version of DBPRO, doesn't have any problems. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 11:25
Quote: ""Can't write executable to location""

This is due to the location you are building to being write protected, you could try setting the folder and any subfolders to being none write protected.

Maybe you should install it over the top of your free version (backup your project folder first)...

Kamakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2011 11:47
Thanks Baxslash,

For some odd reason, Windows 7 refused to let me give DarkBASIC Pro full permissions. I ended up having to uninstall DBPRO FREE. Before I did, I copied and pasted the code of my program from DBPRO FREE to Windows Notepad. I had to rebuild the folders for the media and images used...but at least I didn't have to rework the code. Something about all the files built in DBPRO FREE with full administrator access were retaining those properties...and obviously wouldn't allow DBPRO to do anything with them. Why can't Windows be simple??? 7 isn't bad, but when it comes to administrator properties...it's a royal pain. Thanks again!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 00:29:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 00:29:30