Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] 1 Man Army (dbpro Associated)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2011 05:22 Edited at: 6th Feb 2011 19:31
1 Man Army

A BountyHunters™ Product
BountyHunters™ Copyright© 2011

Survie through endless waves of enemies, made with FPSCreator and in association with Darkbasic Proffesional.This game also includes both Singleplayer and Multiplayer.

Single-Player Guns:
Colt 45
MP 40
Thompson
Bazooka
Mini-Gun
Blaster
Uzi
Commando
Millsno36 "Frag Grenade"
Glaive

Multiplayer Guns:
MP 40
Colt 45
Mas36

Cost:$5 USD

Download @
http://www.BountyHuntersGc.Webs.com/

Watch Single-player preview @
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVcyjPWH1Zk

Why its dbpro associated, and how it plays its part...
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=181377&b=21&p=0

Edit: .7z files are openable with 7z and winrar, etc.

Cyanide & Happiness 4 Ever
Vent
FPSC Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2011 05:34
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=143014&b=35

You need to follow the showcase rules to post here.

Explosm69
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you vent, Im kindof new at this sellin Games. Mostly im at the script section...

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2011 06:40
Please re-size your pictures.

-Keith

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2011 15:14
I've adjusted your thread title to conform with the Board Requirements. Also; in what way is DBPro used here? You should explain this.

-Keith

Explosm69
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I've adjusted your thread title to conform with the Board Requirements. Also; in what way is DBPro used here? You should explain this."

Its really not [x9], I was supposed to put up the post, but I had to put some finishing touches.
Just follow the link below the youtube link or this link:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=181377&b=21&p=0

Ps: .7z is openable by 7z and winrar, etc.

Sorry, if i didn't explain in time...

AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 02:22
The screen looks bland and it looks like it takes many shots to kill from allthe bloood

Making someone's day a little better because of one of my models means a lot to me.
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 02:56
This game has absolutely nothing to offer.

Empty rooms using stock segments with stock characters and old stock weapons. I would like to give you some advices on you're leveldesign but...there is no leveldesign.

Fighting WW2 Soldiers with modernday weapons? Do you even think while developing?

I'm sorry if I sound harsh but the fact that you are even selling this game is offending.

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 04:19
You need to specify if it's X9 or X10; if it's more DBPro (which doesn't look to be the case), then it needs to go in the DBPro Showcase, not here.

-Keith

3Bit
Years of Service
User Offline
Not very good, rushed game.

3Bit
JaredxD
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 06:40
Yeah, sorry to say this but it doesn't look appealing to me at all, empty stock segments, stock guns, characters, and the weapons dont associate with the time the game takes part in.

Sorry if I sound harsh, but you should try putting more effort in, I hoep your next game will be better

Good luck,
Jared

Boom.
Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 22:04
Agreed with Wolf and JaredxD

But seriously, you want to sell this for 5 USD?
Wow.

Sorry for being harsh, but truth hurts.

If you can see the enemy, they can see you.

Darkline - Coming 2011
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2011 23:37
Its not even worth playing for free...

Making someone's day a little better because of one of my models means a lot to me.
Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
Barely worth my time to reply. Okay, that was kind of harsh but REALLY? Modern day guns and WW2 characters, no story, bland enviroments, and your CHARGING MONEY! I hope you will learn, and learn quickly, to put alot of THOUGHT and CREATIVITY into your games.
Explosm69
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2011 01:01 Edited at: 10th Feb 2011 01:35
Don't get too judgmental...For those who havent seen the gameplay video, the link is below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVcyjPWH1Zk
Now I know what your thinking...
1) Bad Level Design
2) The use of old stock weapons
3) Not the best mix of guns
4) Looks a bit...Ugghhh
5) Not good enough to offer value
6) The flow and mixture of this game is off
7) Takes too much to kill them
8) Rushed
9) Why sell it for 5 USDs
10) Where's the story?

Well, there IS a reason for everything, no?
In case you didn't caught on...Im going in order from the list above.

1) Originally the game had only two stories, as in stairs and second floor. When I tested it, the people would go upstairs...So I completely took off access to the 2nd floor.

2) Ahh, yes, even im ashamed of using these guns. But it when I got pack 5, the editor said unable to continue due to missing items...Something like that, so i repaired it. It gave me the same message. SO it was official to not use any packs. Sad Face.

3) Yes, I do agree with this statement. When I first made this game, I intended to use pack 5 guns, didn't work. But I still wanted to keep the modern flavor. It wasn't enough guns...So I switched it to WWII but It still seemed to be not enough guns. I mixed most of them all together, sure lost its flavor yes, but made it a bit better...that is also why i never included a time date.

4) Ugghhh indeed, XD. The AI is like wierded out, and the field is somewhat plain...especially the AI. Its either my computer, or the AI really is wierded out. No counter-Counter argument here other than there was a few small little reasons why I didn't colored the segments, The blood that spills...colors the walls, and When i did mix up the segments, look even more Ugghhh!

5) Well, I have a demo that you can play for only 5 minutes...I you actually do like it, then it has value

6) I agree, no real good flow... but then again I never included the time...and the main point of the game is just pure Survival...

7) If you just looked at the picture alone, I got that pic from the video, it was around 2:30. If you looked at the video, It would probably be the Hypercam 3. If i played 3 minutes with it on the AI would start freaking out, and stop obeying their script. D: That also goes for the fourth statement

8) Yes, a bit rushed. No argument here

9)Umm...Play the demo...then when your done with it tell me how much you would buy this game(anywhere at least >=$1)...If you dont like it, i will completely take it off.

10) For those who've played Call of Duty 5: World at War; Zombies, the first map. You would somewhat understand the reason why I didn't put any story. For those who never played that map, game, etc. That particular map didn't even have a story...It was just a map, with random people, and Zombies that no one even knows where they came from. In total that game had only 4 or 5 zombie maps. maps 2-4 and/or 5; had a storyline, that you had to find certain objects that make up why there is zombies, why your even there, and howd it all started. The first map was just a fun little mini-game that they made for you to play once you've finished the campaign...Basically, its just pure Survival.

Quote: "You need to specify if it's X9 or X10; if it's more DBPro (which doesn't look to be the case), then it needs to go in the DBPro Showcase, not here."

Ok...The entire game and Multiplayer was made by 100% FPSCreator, the first menu. Where it says Singleplayer
Multiplayer
Exit
That is the part where dbpro is helping me...when you click Singleplayer, it will take you to an executable (application), and hide its own window at the same time. The executable is the 1 Man Army. When you exit out of the game, the dbpro executable pops back up and the menu is shown again
Singleplayer
Multiplayer
Exit
Pressing Multiplayer, will take you to a multiplayer game, exiting out will again take you back to the dbpro...D: Im soo very sorry about wasting your time on this argument...
It is not x9 or x10 just dbpro opening up the 1 Man Army Application...

Edit: .7z files are openable by 7z and Winrar, etc.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2011 03:25
Just because a game is somehwat fun does not mean you should drop a price on it...

Cross Hair Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 05:15
Don't, please don't completely drop it, just improve it. Set up a system like i did for my development thread, with a section of things people critiqued to change. And then fix them
Any idea has potential, just needs explaining to have full detail.

Quote: "Where you put your heart, is where you put your life"

This can relate to game making, if you put your heart and time in this, it can and will work. Go into it with the wanting to make it amazing. And don't stop till it is.
Another quote to help push you further is the one in my banner.
If you don't try, you fail.
It means what it says, don't try to improve it, and it wont be improved at all.

Good luck!

HazardStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 12:22 Edited at: 18th Feb 2011 12:24
I've devised a little checklist for you which should help:

- Download v1.18
This will add hands to your stock weapons and provide some other useful features, such as water scripts.

- Get some model packs
You can find the full list here.
They spice up your game and add new entities.

- Research FPSC
There are plenty of amazing things you can do with the software. Take a look at the scripts list in the forums, or have a looks at this guide.

- Don't be afraid to ask for help
Stuck? Got "developers' block"? The people on the forums are here to help you out, and won't bite your head off. Most of the time.

Hope this helps,
HAZRAD

the apocalypse begins... 20/1/2010
HazardStudios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 12:29 Edited at: 18th Feb 2011 12:30
Sorry for the double post, but...

Quote: "For those who've played Call of Duty 5: World at War; Zombies, the first map. You would somewhat understand the reason why I didn't put any story. For those who never played that map, game, etc. That particular map didn't even have a story..."

This is largely because COD had a main campaign with a story, which ran parallel to Zombies. If you're not going to have a story for the Survival-style mode that your game is based on, at least have the decency to include a small story-driven SP campaign aswell.

Then it might be worth the money.
Just.

HAZARD

the apocalypse begins... 20/1/2010

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 13:32:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 13:32:28