Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / RTS Game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 02:07
Hey guys =]

It's my first time posting here really so excuse the shyness >.<

Over the past few days I've had a deep look into C++ and DarkGDK and I've seen that a hard task with the SDK is to develop an RTS game. So that's what I set out to do.

I've posted a video on Youtube showing off my camera controls, of course at the moment everything I've done is "Behind the Scenes" but as a first project I think it's something worthwhile to share.

Youtube Link

I'd love some feedback on what to work on next within this project and I appreciate the time you've taken if you have read this far down =]

Lee
Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 09:19
well, now that you have the panning camera working, which really gives the feeling of a RTS game, would be creating units, you can use some boxes to start off, and work on selecting them.

some kind of raycasting to give orders would be another thing... as some testing i would suggest spawning boxes on the terrain where you clicked it.

good luck with your project.

hi
shadow sight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 19:34
Thanks for the feedback

I'll have a look into that as soon as I've perfected the zoom in/out.

Lee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-23 02:52:03
Your offset time is: 2024-06-23 02:52:03