Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Enhanced Animation does not work... help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2011 15:18
I have recently decided to utilize Enhanced Animation within my Dark GDK project, I took one of the new Pack 53 models… The process I followed was this..
1. Load the mesh as normal (dbLoadObject)
2. Extract each of the animations I wanted… i.e.
EnAn_ObjExtractAnimation( 1, "noweapon_spawn.anim", 190, 209 );
3. Saved the mesh using the EnAn_ObjSaveNoAnims function as a different name dbo file.

This prepared the data, I then wrote a program to load the DBO file without animation..
1. Load the DBO mesh using dbLoadObject.
2. Load the animations using EnAn_AnimLoad
3. Create the oac link using… EnAn_oacCreate on the mesh object
4. Play the animation using the EnAn_oacPlayAnim function.
This is very similar to the example 1 given in the enhanced animation samples. But when I do this the animation does not play, in fact the loaded mesh stays in its default pose.
Within the game loop I use the EnAn_oacUpdate so that the animation updates…
What am I doing wrong?
Chiblue
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2011 15:12
For those interested in using Enhanced Animation, I found my problem as a result of working with the developer of this product.

The problem was that the limb that I was using was not the correct limb for the frames that I was playing, for those using FPSC meshes you will need to find the biped parent limb for each mesh, this appears to be limb 3 in those I have looked at, but others maybe different... example 3 in the code provided gives a routine that will list all the limbs and associated parents and children. this is example3.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-23 02:40:32
Your offset time is: 2024-06-23 02:40:32