Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / License Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Feb 2011 17:03
Hi,

I have a question about the license. I just bought the Dark Basic Bonanza, and installed it on my laptop, which I use when traveling. However I would like to install it additionally on my Computer at home.

1. Licence
1.1 You are permitted on a non exclusive basis to:
(a) load the Software into and use it on a single computer which is under your control;
(b) transfer the Software from one computer to another provided it is used on only one computer at any one time;

Does this mean, I have to delete DarkBasic from my laptop, when installing it on the other Computer, or can I just install it on a second PC, as long as I don't use both DarkBasic installation at the same time?
yours
sberK
sberk
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 10:26
Hi,
I just want to make clear that the intention of this question is whether this is ok or not. I don't ask for any help to deal circumvent any copyright.
sberK
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 15:16
I would also like to know about that while I'm doing stuff too. I use two laptops. One at home and one while I'm away. Both have all my programming stuff on them so I can happily carry on where ever I go. I'm not developing anything professionally, just as a hobbyist.

If there are major issues about licensing it may seem I might have to think about using something else, maybe dev c++ and another sdk to play about with. I've been addicted to DGDK for some time. I like helping on some of the issues on the forums but wouldn't like to be pushed out because I have it installed on two computers for my own personal use.

Warning! May contain Nuts!
Jaeg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 21:31
1.1 (b) to me sounds like so long as you are not using the software at the same time as your computer at home you'd be fine. The wording of it to me sounds like it's designed to prevent multiple people from using the same registration key.

Go ahead. Walk into Mordor.

Ball State University - Biology Major

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-23 03:00:26
Your offset time is: 2024-06-23 03:00:26