Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Squadron AIU - Border World Conflict

Author
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 13:59 Edited at: 26th Jul 2011 03:36

Border World Conflict

Developed by

Deathcow

Story

The game takes place in a star system called Ross 154. An alien race called the Geenats has attack with no warning. Their goal is unclear, but they are killing everything. They appear intent on wiping out every man, woman and child within the system. However the Geenats only started attacking when a cargo ship unexpectedly arrived. Your goal along with your squad is stop them at all cost, but to investigate why the cargo ship would have brought the Geenats to Ross 154.

For more information please visit:
http://www.squadron-aiu.co.uk

Facebook Link:
Facebook

Genre
Sci-fi/Action

Screenshots

Video

Test Video

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 14:00

Attachments

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 14:01

Attachments

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 14:21
I like it. Good use of shaders. Though the long corridor looks a bit dull.. add some entities here and there
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 14:28
First of all: Nice approach.

Suggestions:

I`d love to see you revealing a storyline that explains why the Alien are so furious. As in Space 2063 (aka Space: Above & Beyond), where it turned out that a human company has provoked the interstellar war) or something that prevents you from the classic stereotype Humans Good - Aliens evil - nothing between.

2. Nice segments, partially VERY NICE shaders on that. Try to keep the Components (the metal pillars) on par with the other surfaces to avoid a "broken" feeling.

3. Lights & Light Mapping:

Here you kill some of the otherwise promising atmosphere. You have lights without obvious light sources - this is a no-go, as on a subliminal level the player will ahve always the feeling "something is wrong here, it lacks a beleivable environment.

Make light sources, make them obvious. If the light comes from the stars outside, place them outside the ship in a location that could be assoziated with a bright star on the skymap. And turn the lightmapping on then!

Come to where the madness is:
http://www.homegrowngames.at
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 14:38 Edited at: 13th Feb 2011 14:39
@Ertlov

Thanks for the feedback.

The story is going to be linked to my first game Dark Storm, but I don't want to spoil for people that will being playing this game. All will be explained.

The background for the Geenats is that they are a army for hire, so their mission is to get paid. However they have no issues in killing and in fact I think they most likely enjoy it. That will hopefully come across in this game.

I'm currently working on some computer equipement and large lighting entities for this test level. That will hopefully break up the darkness in the level.

DC

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 15:05
Darkness ìs not a problem, Light coming out of nowhere is

Come to where the madness is:
http://www.homegrowngames.at
TheConnorian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2011 15:37
Great stuff again dude!
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2011 19:26
Hi

Here is some more updated screenshots of the test map.

Time for some more feedback.

DC

Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2011 20:50
Looks good, but it gets kind of repetitive.
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 01:35
I have started work on some new entities which will be using alot more animation to give the world a more dynamic feel. Here is the first go at the pumping station.

At the moment it is only one entity, but hopefully with time I'll have more add.

DC

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 00:01 Edited at: 22nd Feb 2011 01:35
Another update and now some work on the starship level. Well in fact it’s not the startship, but the blast doors that would be used to seal the ship in case the hull was damaged.

Feedback is more than welcome and would helpfully.

This is version 2 of the blast door.

DC

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 00:13
Quote: "I don't want to spoil for people that will being playing this game. All will be explained."

If I had gotten a free model pack for every WIP thread with that reason for a thin/vague/nonexisting story, I could sponsor a contest every week

But seriously. I did like your Squadron AIU game for various reasons and I expect this one to be at least as good. If you want to really take it a step further, I would love to see the story explained ingame - just like in a pro title.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 00:27
@The Storyteller 01

I realise it is a common theme on the WIP section for stories to not be fully explained or not to have a story at all. Hopefully people will be aware that this is in fact the second installment and that the first one can be downloaded free now, but I guess I would be fooling my self to think others would think that .

This version I have bigger plans, but like you said about having the game explained ingame I think that is something I think I maybe missed in the first game. So hopefully I will try and make up for all the mistakes in this one and maybe create some more.

DC

starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Great job on this! Small c&c for you. Your pump is good, but if you were to alternate the pumping action like a piston and cam it would be more dynamic. Also alternate the model in the scene and add like mark's water effects to it and you should see something really nice. Depending on the type of pump, but chemicals and other toxic materials has a barrier wall around it. It's usually about 3-4ft tall in real life.

I look forward to this second part.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 03:22
Post to unlock.

-Keith

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 03:32
Thanks KeithC for unlocking this for me.
Just another update on the progress of the current project, “Border World Conflict”. I have been working on the look and feel of the star ship in which a large part of the game will take place. I have been testing out the Bonds1 shaders on the segments to get a nice feel. Well, see for yourself and let me know what you think?

Thanks for the feedback

DC

Beno09
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 14:40
Oh man, this looks very good, you are doing great job
Keep going !
da2020
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 15:15 Edited at: 26th Jul 2011 15:16
Glad you haven't gave up on this! it looks decent but the level design is pretty dull Try to add more interesting stuffs that would motivate the player to finish the game.It would be more interesting if the design is more of a unique structure with some large(or medium) unique areas than a generic sci-fi corridor and also, every areas seems to have the same lighting to it try to add more variety of light colors, it would contribute to your level.
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 16:03
Thanks guys for the feedback. At the moment my focus is on shaders and trying to find the best match for this next game. The first game Dark storm was almost 100% bump.fx, which is nice. Bonds1 shaders give that darker feel which suits a starship better for that creepy feel.

DC

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 16:42
I wondered where this thread vanished!

Looking good DC!

I really like that HUD!

Abdul Ahad

Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 15:52
Thanks AbdulAhad

Yea it had gone down the depths where the monsters are and were threads are gone forever, but thankfully KeithC was able to unlock it for me.

The HUD is still early days, but I still would like to improve it abit more so it may change.

DC

Hamburger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 18:23
Thats really awesome but you only used two kinds of segment textures the entire vid... maybe change them up?
Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Elite: Dangerous
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 00:57
This looks very promising. I've seen ingame videos from the first and WIP AIU games, and it looks interesting. Can't wait to see more!

I also like the background music, nice touches you have in there.

Just curious, but where can we download the first one?

Thanks,
Captain Coder
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2011 04:26 Edited at: 1st Aug 2011 04:48
Thanks captain coder i will hopefully have a working demo in the next week or too. You can download the first game from my website www.squadron-aiu.co.uk. It is the full version.

DC

Tinker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2011 09:06
It's good but guess you need to add some source of light to make it more realistic. There are lots of light but lack of source. But all in all, settings seems to be good.

Effective, Efficient, Capable and Committed... That's me!
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
This new work that you have done looks brilliant. I don't necessarily think you should add to much to the corridors but
just enough to make it feel like they aren't just there to be there.

I love all the sci-fi games that people have been developing lately. I certainly couldn't make a sci-fi game of great quality
but I'm glad other people can so that I can play and enjoy them.

Your signature has been eaten by a llama. Sorry; that's just the way it goes.
Levi barros
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2011 09:30
Wow! Great Job, this looks very wildly superior Keep going.

Levi Barros
yomomma
Years of Service
User Offline
If u made this a multiplayer map i would so pay to play it.

Captain Coder
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Elite: Dangerous
Posted: 20th Aug 2011 23:25
Hey DC, how's the game coming? And thanks for the link!

Captain Coder

One of the most humbling days in your life will be the day you discover you AREN'T the best at what you love to do.
- Me
Deathcow
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2011 01:03
@Captain Coder

The game is coming along, still nothing for anyone to test yet. I'm still working on the segments and new entities for the game.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I should have some more screenshots of how things are going.

Many Thanks

DC

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:30:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:30:15