Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Making an educational game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 13:33
Hi everyone

I am completely new to game making. Never tried before. Just bought DarkBasic Pro and the huge book. Trying to get to grips with writing code.

Question please:

I want to create an educational game to teach things like english, arithmetic and other general subjects. Need to create interesting scenery and characters and have the characters talk to one another. I am not interested in a shoot em up game. Can I use DBpro to do this? Can I have speech bubbles on screen plus my own voice on the characters?

Also is DBpro all I need or do I need to purchase things like Texture maker, Cartography shop, 3D Canvas maker and Darkmatter. If I need these other programs too then I get the idea that this is all going to be too much and it will take years to make a decent game.

Advice please.

Many thanks

Here's looking at you, kid
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2003 16:01
Yes, you can use DB Pro.

You can probably use 3rd party free/cheap models, just check the copyright on commercial use.

You might need a 3D package to create the animations you need.

I've never used Cartography shop, but I'm guessing it would be an easy way to drop your free/cheap scenery into place to create your environment.

Yes you can record wavs of your own voice and play them. You can even place them in 3D space, with your models. So for example, if a car drives past, the sound will follow and create the stereo effect.

Hope this helps.

BatVink (formerly StevieVee)
http://facepaint.me.uk/catalog/default.php

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 04:04:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 04:04:14