Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Camera Collision Trouble

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey everyone, I was having some trouble with camera Collision because when I use dbAutomaticCameraCollision(0,2,1), I will automatically collide with the terrain.

Although I have installed Sparky's Collision, I have never really used it. I was wondering how using Sparky's collision I could create Collision on 2 objects if there ID's were 112 and 113, and It's a camera colliding with the object, not an object.

I won't include my source code because it is extremely messy.

Saying that my skill with the DarkGDK library is mediocre is generous.
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 02:56
You would be using the Sphere casting for best results in Sparkys. I've done something recently that may help you out a tad.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=181440&b=6

I changed all my code to use sphere casting instead of boxes for collision which works much better now.

Warning! May contain Nuts!
99xnwreg
Years of Service
User Offline
could you please explain? As I said, I don't know any funtions of the SC header file.

Saying that my skill with the DarkGDK library is mediocre is generous.
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 23:29
Sparky's does come with some examples on using the library which I've found very helpful but I'm currently struggling with finding the angle of the slopes.

You can setup your collisions on your objects (as boxes), your level (as a complex object), but when checking collision between object and the level use sphere casting because the functions give you the sliding values back as I've used in my code. Things like bullets are checked against the level (complex collision) and enemies (as box collision). Each set of collisions are also put into groups which makes programming easier too.

Warning! May contain Nuts!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-23 03:10:09
Your offset time is: 2024-06-23 03:10:09