Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Soundshade

Author
User Banned
Posted: 14th Feb 2011 03:25
I'm curious, if anyone here is aware of some sort of "Soundshading"-Library (-Engine, ...).

In comparison to how games (... and similar projects) evolved in optical terms, now using Shaders to tell objects how to look, instead of just splashing an image on it (and thus even reducing the overall size of our gameclients), the development in terms of Audio seems to be more like stalled.

I could think, that a similar approach exists for sounds, but I'm not aware of any kind of project that does that: Create artificial sounds, that we could use to create some soundeffects in a game.

Instead of packing loads of ogg/mp3/wav/...-Files into a game, it would probably be neat to be able to do this, at least for all those different *squeak* *scratch* *stomps* *roar*, etc.

Anyone aware of anything like this?

Jeff Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 11:59
There is a rudimentary sound creator routine by Ric called DBSoundCreator, with a gui and other features contributed by forum members, here:

http://www.teamxtcgames.com/db_sound_creator.htm

Further work along these lines, which you may wish to undertake, might go in the direction of generating more complex sounds.
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2011 00:21
I'm not convinced that this user isn't some kind of spam bot.

Caldwell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2011 14:39 Edited at: 29th Mar 2011 10:48
My favorite genre is Rock 'n’ Roll but the bands I love span different ‘sub-genres’ within that category (stoner rock, blues rock etc). I don't have a favorite within the sub-genre so I’m just going to lump them all together.

Caldwell
Caldwell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2011 14:40 Edited at: 29th Mar 2011 10:48

Caldwell

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 13:04:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 13:04:01