Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [x9] S.T.A.R.S (Special Tactics And Rescue Squad)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 02:16 Edited at: 18th Feb 2011 02:32
S.T.A.R.S (Special Tactics And Rescue Squad)

Do you remember this?: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=180839&b=25

Well, I've decided to continue this project by another name is STARS (Special Tactics And Rescue Squad). It will be the same story from the previous game, but the environment has changed and improved levels. Please ask them to close the previous topic.

History: (The game is set in the era of technology, as in 2020.)
Quote: "BioTech, 25 October 2020: As always, BioTech Labs experiments with humans and then turn them into robots and cloned. Everything seemed normal, until one day a silly experiment went wrong. Humans turned into terrible mutants and massacred all employees of BioTech, everything was devastated, no one remained alive. Sent the U.S. army to exterminate this threat, but they were also massacred. It was useless to hide, all the mutants was loose and the corners, they killed everyone who crossed his path. Bill, a special agent, decides to enter and exterminate this threat, but will take a big surprise that everything is desolate and in ruins, there is only dead people and dead bodies, and some mutants lurking in there, your mission is to exterminate all mutants that are left before it comes out and ends to finish a whole entire city. It's time to go to hell!
"

Developer(s): Spiral Interactive © (Before: FPSZone)

Distributor(s): Spiral Interactive ©

Designer(s): Spiral Interactive ©

Official Website: NO EVEN

Engine: FPSC Graphics (x9)

Genre(s): First-person shooter and survival horror

Game modes: Single Player (Coming soon Multi Player)

Platform(s): Windows

Minimum Requirements: Pentium 4 3.0 GHz, 1GB RAM, DirectX 9.0c, ATI x800 / NVIDIA 6600 (Support for Shader Model 2.0)

Recommended Requirements: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, 2GB RAM, DirectX 9.0c, ATI x1600 / Nvidia 7600 with 128 MB of VRAM (Support for Shader Model 3.0)

----------------------------------------------------------
Screenshots:

Quote: "

"

Features:
Quote: "1. New Shaders in all entities Scifi (Bond1 Shaders)
2. HDR Bloom (Bond1 Shaders)
3. Motion Blur
4. Depht of Field
5. Excellent quality textures
6. Perfect shadow detail
7. Much blood and violence
8. Science Fiction entities (Cosmic Prophet) have been improved shaders Bond1
9. Enemies in perfect quality
10. Quality Lights
11. New shaders in some segments of platform Scifi "
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 02:46
Is that really the ammo box from HL2? and the textures from killing floor?

Making someone's day a little better because of one of my models means a lot to me.
Susysyay
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 02:48
Very nice start. Its one of the few scifi games that actually looks chaotic (great job with the scattered entity placement. Its random enough yet cleverly placed to look truly messed up.) Just scale the bloom down a tiny bit. Those pieces of the paper on the floor (another nice touch) seem to be glowing. So unless you want radioactive paper in your game, scale it back just a bit

John Dillinger

-Winner of the X10 Revival Competition, Susysyay
"I'm havin' too good a time today, I ain't even thinkin' bout tomorrow."
KonGO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 02:54
@AJ Schaeffer

As I have understood, the games are not sold can use these models. But if the game is sold, would be in trouble.

@Susysyay

Using the HDR Bloom Bond1 (Adapted Eye) so no problems in Bloom.
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 03:01
The good: great entity placement. Not too much gore. Design looks excellent.
The bad: as stated before, ammo box and killing floor textures. Please, fix those before something bad happens!
Overall it looks great!

"If you can't handle me at my worst, you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"
KonGO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 03:03
But.. that box is the most beautiful I've ever seen *-*

If I remove that box, is like destroying my level T_T
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 03:33
You will wonder how much that box means to you when you release this game and are sitting in court...

Making someone's day a little better because of one of my models means a lot to me.
Mazz426
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 13:39
and all of your wall textures are taken straight from killing floor, using other games assets isnt a habit you want to get into no matter what you plan to use your game for, creating your own segments, entities and what not will individualise you game and in many ways improve your skills and expand your options

Zealot Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 14:02
Looks very good.

One thing, though.

S.T.A.R.S- A pharmaceutical company in Capcoms' Resident Evil game.

Just another legality issue to add to your ever-expanding list.

Zealot Studios

I despise emoticons.
Juzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 14:27
Quote: "S.T.A.R.S- A pharmaceutical company in Capcoms' Resident Evil game."

Sorry, I just have to say this

S.T.A.R.S stands for "Special Tactics And Rescue Service" and it's a special RPD police force, Wesker the traitor, as a captain.

As for the game itself, it looks pretty good! Almost like Killing Floor but yeah, as others said, you should get rid of the media ripped from other games.

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Umbrella is the Pharmaceutical Company you are speaking about Zealot.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 14:53
Quote: "Quote: "1. New Shaders in all entities Scifi (Bond1 Shaders)
2. HDR Bloom (Bond1 Shaders)
3. Motion Blur
4. Depht of Field
5. Excellent quality textures
6. Perfect shadow detail
7. Much blood and violence
8. Science Fiction entities (Cosmic Prophet) have been improved shaders Bond1
9. Enemies in perfect quality
10. Quality Lights
11. New shaders in some segments of platform Scifi ""

There is a lot of "perfect" going on in you're features list... but dude! Ripping textures from other games is below zero and you're leveldesign ain't that great yet. It looks kinda repetitive and random to me. Shadereffect's aren't everything.

If you try to get good visuals, good shader effects and good gameplay, we all love you and you are already doing a pretty good job with this game...

but none of the pictures shown are perfect or excellent at all...they are good!

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
KonGO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 17:31
I spent all damn day adding new shaders to these entities.

And last but not least I had to generate new textures to the shader look good.

Even I had to add shaders to the Cosmic entities Scifi ...

Do you think it takes 1 minute to do that?
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 17:34
No, trust me I would know. I am doing the same thing. The fact of the matter is KonGO even tho you are not releasing the textures or releasing the game as paid. You are still breaking copyright laws. The textures you are using is from another game protected by law. You are breaking it. And don't think for one second just because you are not selling it you wont get it trouble.

Wolf is trying to help you. If I were you I would take his advice. As he is a avid FPSC dev. Just change the segments. And get rid of that box. Thats all you have to do. You can make similar segments. Or even get a model pack that has similar segments. And use those.

KonGO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 17:37
I have a question.

Although the game is not sold as well be in trouble? T.T
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 17:50 Edited at: 18th Feb 2011 17:56
Quote: "be in trouble"

If the developers / publishers somehow stumble upon your project, you'll have to remove all downloads and most likely have to hand over some bucks to them if they decide to sue you.
One thing that's written in stone since the ancient times of the FPSC boards aswell is: The Mods will give you a ban for free.

Just swap the textures instead of asking what could possibly happen, fact is, that a project with copyrighted material won't ever be released on these forums, unless you'll get permission from the copyright owners, and that's not going to happen if you're using the media outside of the actual game - your just wasting your time that you could spend on the project itself instead.

-Doomster

KonGO
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 17:57
Ok, I'm going to change textures. But the images are there.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 19:02 Edited at: 18th Feb 2011 19:12
How come is every scattered object on the floor placed perfectly in the same 45 decree angle?? Just a thought.

Cyborg ART
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 19:36
Quote: "But.. that box is the most beautiful I've ever seen *-*

If I remove that box, is like destroying my level T_T "

Quote: "I spent all damn day adding new shaders to these entities.

And last but not least I had to generate new textures to the shader look good.

Even I had to add shaders to the Cosmic entities Scifi ...

Do you think it takes 1 minute to do that? "

You got to be kidding?

Why did you rip them of in the first place? You should have spent the time on creating your own textures instead, or at least using legal textures...

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Adding shaders is a piece of cake.

AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 21:03
If removing a box destroys your level... that has to say something about youre level design...

Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2011 22:58 Edited at: 19th Feb 2011 23:01
OK, as you know, I´ve been working many years in the game industry, so I`ll once again tell how it is usually handled when a company stumbles upon a project that has used assets they own:

1. If the person / company has received any revenue from doing so (including such small things like paid ads on the project page), there is going to be a lawsuit. And you don`t want to have that.

2. If not, you`ll receive a cease and desist letter. Read here for more info on that:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cease_and_desist

3. Even if no money was generated, the company COULD file a lawsuit claiming that the value of their brand has been damaged and further demanding a financal compensation for that. This of course wouldn`t apply to stealing a texture or model. But this is what could happen to the (really great) Alien vs Predator game here if some guy in the legal departement of the copyright owner has a bad day.

Come to where the madness is:
http://www.homegrowngames.at

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:17:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:17:51