Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Dark clouds sync issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 14:01
Hi,
I have just bought dark clouds and have been trying to implement it in a project i'm working on. I'm having issues with syncing.

no matter what I seem to do, I get a strobing effect where the clouds are rendered and then the scene with the matrix and objects is rendered with a blue back ground and for some reason a big arch in the sky. (image attatched)

In the current state, I have cut and pasted most of the dark clouds example code in order to try and get something to work. i've implemented it in the following sub routine

Its exactly the example code, which works with the pelican object. but not with my project.

here is the entire project code to observe the problem and see if i'm doing something stupid.

I'm not very knowledgeable on the subject of syncing and I think my problem lies therein.

My current understanding is that syncing pretty much redraws everything at the rate define by the sync rate.
but something is wrong and I don't know what. I've been going through and rearranging the sync commands in a trial and error process of elimination style effort, I just get tired of waiting a minute for it to load and seeing the same problem each time.
any help would be greatly apreciated
thankyou
kezzla

Sometimes I like to use words out of contents

Attachments

Login to view attachments
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2011 17:12
2 main things I noticed.

You used DC INIT 1, 5
but then used TEXTURE BACKDROP 3

Change one or the other and your clouds will appear.

I didn't see anywhere that you set your display mode, or at least set your sync rate.

After SYNC ON put SYNC RATE 60. That should keep DarkClouds from trying to update to fast.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:38:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:38:06