Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK .NET / Limbs and Keys - Checking to see if other people are having similar issues

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi

I have been working with DarkGDK C++ (on xp and vista) for a long time and i have recently moved to .Net.. which is great

I am using Windows 7 prof 64bit

I have had some issues with the following... and just want to see if others were having success with these... since there seem to be some confusion in the forums as how to resolve them... but if there is no way around them, its best that i don't start a new big project in darkgdk.net

Keyboard Input
Moving the camera with the "ControlDefaultUsingArrowKeys" works fine... but DarkGDK.IO.Keyboard.Up..ect always returns false? Even when I turn the screen to full-screen (as forum suggested), it is still false

Limbs
I cant seem to get a 3d object's .Limbs array to populate.... is there anyone with win 7 64 who is using this without any problems?

Also... Have anyone with win 7 64 been able to use the multiplayer functionality without any problems? Is it perhaps better to use Csharp's network namspaces to do mulitplayer stuff?

This is all for now, everything else seems to be working fine

Thank you
RancidRat
Years of Service
User Offline
OK... so i have just discovered something that might be causing my problems... and so i just need help to understand this:

I opened one of the tutorial projects, I tested the keyboard returns there, compiled it... and it works...

I then noticed that the program structure of the tutorials were different from the one I get when i do i DARK GDK project. When i create a new project, It generates the normal .cs file with the projects name, exactly like it does when you make a windows forms app. And inside of it there is the usual "MAIN" method. Then I get a separate file that has the game loop in it. When i looked at the tutorial's files, i noticed that there was no "main" method... WTF? It also had some extra files under the properties folder... namely an xml type file called Application.myapp....

Is there something wrong with my DarkGDK template?
Why do things work in the tutorials, but not when i do the same thing in the DarkGDK template?

Just wanting to know if anyone knows what is going on here?

thanks
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2011 21:32 Edited at: 21st Feb 2011 21:35
For the keys, I think you have to make sure that the form the viewport control is on has the 'KeyPreview' propery set to 'True'.

For the limbs, a fix was released for this as it was happening with everyone.
I'll try and find the link for you and post it if I find it.

[Edit] Here's the link to the post with the fix for the limbs:
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=155885&b=37&msg=1827790#m1827790

RancidRat
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you for your help

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 20:41:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 20:41:29