Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Minecraft-esque Mine Engine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I hate the idea of it being a VM language. Meaning sure its cross platform.. but its unstable and has a ton of security issues. I like Native code that works for the OS without having to go through a layer of libraries to get to the OS Libraries.

DarkBasic talks directly to the OS libraries ( Even if it is DirectX ). Its more efficient and better if you can write native to the OS your on.

Of course, some will disagree, but these are MY opinions. They do NOT have to be the opinions of others. I only bring this up because you asked. I'm not going to debate this for those Trolls out there.

"If you can sing that high, you must have been kicked in the crotch a little too hard."
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not trying to troll here. Java is useful at what it does, be cross platform, whether you like it or not. Notch wanted minecraft to be cross platform, and he already had good knowledge of it, so it was perfect for the job.

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Actually, according to his words on his blog, he said it was all he knew.. And so since he was comfortable with it, he stuck with it. Others had asked him point blank why he didn't write it in C++ or some other language and that was his answer to the question. He said if he knew some other language, he would have done it with that language instead.

And please understand, I'm not saying you are a Troll, I was only saying that for those who WOULD Troll just to start and keep an argument going. Your perfectly within your rights to how you think and feel as long as its within this Forums rules. Personally, JAVA is not bad for those who know how to use it. I just personally AM bad at it. So I personally hate it.

"If you can sing that high, you must have been kicked in the crotch a little too hard."
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
Alright, fair enough. Sorry if I offended you in any way.

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey its all good bro. No offense taken. I'm good. I just don't like JAVA, nothing more to it then that. hahahaha

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 14:24:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 14:24:31