Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Error in running

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not sure where to ask this but..
Hi, I'm totally new to DarkBasic but have some knowledge in programming. My problem is; I have just installed the DBPro Free and tried to run a block of codes but unfortunately I get an error after compiling..

[img][/img]

Is this has something to do with DirectX? My pc has the DirectX 11 on it, as seen on dxdiag.

I hope you will help me, Thanks.

New to darkbasic
Somarl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 17:04
Hi, do you have windows 7 by any chance. I have vista at home but my laptop uses 7 and i got these same errors. I do not understand them one bit but i do know how to fix it.

Type the name of that into google and try to download it, be careful as there are a lot of bull---- sites that just run you round in circles, when you get the file copy it into windows/system where the rest of the .dlls are and also try putting it into your project folder. For some reason this worked for me and now things i wrote in vista that worked fine, now also work fine in windows 7.

If anyone knows why this is i would love to know, but at least its easily fixable.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 17:26
Darkbasic Pro requires DirectX 9.0c to work properly. It's possible to have 9 and 10 or 11 working at the same time.

DirectX 9.0c: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Somarl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Feb 2011 20:52
I thought that directx 11 would contain everything that 9c was and more. So 9, 10 and 11 are seperate. I suppose a quicker fix would have been for me to just download dx9 for my laptop then. I just got the missing .dlls and it worked fine but i might load up the laptop and do that now incase i get any future issues. It seems silly to me that a comp with dx11 would have this issue but i guess its not an upgrade to dx9 more than it is a seperate thing in itself. Thanks for the heads up.
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2011 00:53
Yeah it's better to install DirectX 9.0c just in case you run into a .dll that you haven't needed before. Yeah they work differently so Microsoft separated them but still allow them to work at the same time for older games/programs that required 9.

Pepzi
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Grog! It worked fine!
I tried the pdf tutorial from the site entitled Screen Scrolling 1
but it ended with an error.

Any suggestion how to fix this? or what's wrong with this?
Thanks, expect much more questions for me for I want to try creating a 2D Platformer Side-Scrolling game for my thesis I hope you guys guide me throughout, Thanks!

New to darkbasic
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2011 10:40
Quote: "Any suggestion how to fix this? or what's wrong with this?"

Well, it looks like that file is in the Media directory so load it like this:

Quote: "Thanks, expect much more questions for me for I want to try creating a 2D Platformer Side-Scrolling game for my thesis I hope you guys guide me throughout, Thanks!"

Yeah np. In issue 62-75 of The Game Creators Newsletter VanB talks about Building a Platform Game (close to the bottom).

http://www.thegamecreators.com/pages/newsletters/newsletter_issue_62.html

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:29:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:29:14