Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / 2d Movement problem with x-axis

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, I'm a noobie to DBP and so i when i started trying to make a simple 2 player, 2d battle game i ran into problems with movement in the x-axis. For starters, here is the code i have so far:

My problem is, no matter what i do, i can't seem to get my Redd sprite to move on the x-axis. If you look at my comments, you'll see i tried using some variables. Earlier, i also tried using the Inc and Dec commands to no avail. I've looked at other posts like this but could not seem to solve the problem. Can anybody help?
Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 11:14
Quote: "My problem is, no matter what i do, i can't seem to get my Redd sprite to move on the x-axis. If you look at my comments, you'll see i tried using some variables. Earlier, i also tried using the Inc and Dec commands to no avail. I've looked at other posts like this but could not seem to solve the problem. Can anybody help?"

If you want to use the MOVE SPRITE command it works best if you use the ROTATE SPRITE command also. The MOVE SPRITE command bases the direction it travels on the current rotation of the sprite.

I unremed your OFFSET SPRITE command so rotates in the center of the sprite instead of the upper left corner.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:39:13
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:39:13