Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

PureGDK / [STICKY] ! Windows 7 SP1 Compatibility with PureGDK !

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Feb 2011 08:41 Edited at: 8th May 2011 08:26
Windows 7 service pack 1 added a new security feature that is preventing the DarkBasic Professional compiler from creating valid executables.

From the DarkBasic Professional 7.7 RC release notes:

Quote: "Upgrade 7.7
===========

Major Fix
---------
Microsoft's latest Windows 7 SP1 all-in-one update package introduces a new security 'feature' which completely disables all DBP applications from running. Not the best move in the world, but don't let this lunacy stop you creating great applications. RC3 includes the fix which solves this problem."

I have not had an issue running programs compiled with PureGDK prior to installing SP1. But I can confirm that PureGDK does inherit this problem and will not compile your projects properly after installing SP1.

Because of the age of the PureGDK 1.0 series, no future update is planned to add support for DBP 7.7 and there are known problems that will occur if you try to use this particular combination.

PureGDK 2.0, if upgraded from a DBP 7.7 installation (upgrade DBP to 7.7 before installing PureGDK), does not have this issue. If you wish to develop on a computer that is running Windows 7 SP1, please consider migrating your project to PureGDK 2.0.

igeek3
Years of Service
User Offline
is there any way to disable this security feature?
Mistrel
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2011 23:34 Edited at: 24th Apr 2011 23:36
As I don't know what the problem was I can't comment on how to circumvent this feature. It might be possible to backport a "fix" by copying the dbprocore.dll to the path used by your PureGDK 1.0 installation. But that's just a guess.

You can try asking TGC what was actually changed to provide support for DBP with Windows 7 SP1.

However, this seems to only be an issue with compiling the application, so maybe the error was in the dbpcompiler.exe?

Just to reiterate, as far as I can tell, applications that have already been compiled will run just fine. You just can't compile new ones on a computer with Windows 7 SP1.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:21:05
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:21:05