Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Problem with model animation and APPEND OBJECT

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2003 21:00 Edited at: 11th Oct 2003 21:02
Hey,

I'm getting an error when I try and APPEND a direct.X object animation onto another direct.X object.

I'm not sure on what sort of file APPEND is looking for. I've created a character animation, and want an idle state and a walking state like in the '3D That Walks' example (Sample10.dba).

I'm using the code from '3D That Walks', importing a static model for the LOAD OBJECT command (charKid_idle.x), and trying to append an animated set of bones (charKid_walking.x).

I have found no reference on the sort of data APPEND OBJECT is looking for. What relation should my walking animation have to the idle object?

Please, can anyone help me?

Regards,

- Markavian
http://mkv25.net
PoHa!84
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 05:41
Umm... your post was a little confusing at best, but I'll try and help.

1.)The appended animation needs to be appended after the original objects total keyframes.
2.)Did you load the animation, or not? One of the examples seems to suggest that you don't need to load the animation file before you append it. I don't know if this is right, but the example does work... but then again, it appended the animation as a .dat file. Strange, no?

Destroy you with my mind, I could!
. Cool, he is. Play his games, I do.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 03:34:30
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 03:34:30