Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / FPSC x10 crashes ALL the time.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2011 01:38
I am using Win7 and have n Nvidia GTX460. Fantastic card, no problems. Anyway; when ever i make a level, i obviously like to try it every now and again. Although x10 doesn't like letting me try it. I keep getting error messages;

[COMMON]
PathToEXE=C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\FPS Creator X10\Files\CrashOn_03_02_11.txt
[CEXE]
m_dwRuntimeErrorDWORD=Internal Code:11016
m_dwRuntimeErrorLineDWORD=26939

It is REALLY starting to annoy me and i am on the verge of just stopping with the software altogether!

Can anyone help me please?
FLAME123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 17:33
Have you updated FPSCX10?

Mass Effect 2 is better than everything else
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2011 18:05
Yeah, I have updated and it still decides to crash. I have made certain levels and things are fine, but then it always crashes when it gets to the light mapping part if the test. It can't be my graphics card or my processor or my ram. I am pretty stuck at the moment and feel out of my depth!

Any advice is massively appreciated!

Unfamillia
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 18:28
I have a few friends with this issue. They haven't had any luck either. All I can suggest it that you back-up any custom/downloaded FPSC media and re-install FPSC then apply the updates.

That is all I can think of that could help.

Hope you get it fixed.

ThoughtWire Software -

www.thoughtwire.co.uk
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
http://code.google.com/p/fpscreatorengine/

this is where you can go to the tgc issues and leave the problem with them

need to sign up but do not give in before that try this, i have, and tell them you have nearly given up etc and they will give it a shot hopefully.

and maybe it is too larger map i do not know as i have not seen it
are you on a 32 or 64 bit machine, as 64bits do have more issues than 32 bits

i do think its the code though and are you using mystic mod or original?

best be on the basic 1.11 orig and try a smaller map with lights, bestthing is leave your created maps alone and do basic tests from simple room with a light to 2 lights then 3 etc. and find out what maximums or minimums or if any at all, because mine does many lights and quite big rooms too. but let me know anyway

s.sb

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2011 23:32
I was using it on a 64x version of vista, but, i have recently installed on to my Win 7 machine. I updated to 1.11 and it works perfectly fine. A slight bit laggy occasionally, but, i think that's more to do with, like you said, the size of my rooms.

Thank you all for your advice. It's always good to know that there is a good group of people out there that can give you good honest advice.

Thanks.

P.S. I am a producer (music) and make various tracks etc. I can help you with music or sound effects if you need. If you are looking for a style of music, just ask me and i will see what i can put together for you.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
@ thoughtwire, like your location!

@ unfamillia
i get lag on the editor ( everyone using w7 ) gets lag with x10.

and on huge rooms too.

there was a point where everyone gave lee as many bugs as possible to solve it, but then of course things start popping years later! i get lilac shaded entities when using a lot of the same model on the map in game.( wonder if it is an x10 issue with instancing? )i have no idea why but hey ho. i also have a bug with the medieval houses, i get blue screen of death when go into a corner of one ( i solved this by changing the actual models. but the lilac trees etc and under water fog colour reset errors are my main concern as this means my deep see diving sucks. but it is in google error issues. anyway glad you are sorted with it

sound fx. ( WRAITH SCREAMS FROM LORD OF THE RINGS )
OLD MECHANICS ( IE PORT CULLIS OPENING) ya know chains n pulley

other than that i am good some old medieval music be good too

but these are not request they are if you have nothing to do

cheers
s.b.

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2011 01:39
@science boy.

I have spent a little while trying to get a few sounds for you.

If anyone else wants them, please help yourself!

I have had a few free things from the forums, so, it will be nice to give something back!

If anyone needs any backing music made, ask and you may receive. Just give me an idea of the general feel of your game and i will see what i can do.

Unfamillia

Attachments

Login to view attachments
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2011 14:11
@science boy

Oh, i am working on some medieval sounding music for you. Did you want it as intro, pre battle, battle or end game music? Obviously each one would be different intensities.

Unfamillia
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2011 14:37
@ science boy And that makes me happy

@ unfamillia It's ok, I don't need any. But thanks for the offer!

ThoughtWire Software -

www.thoughtwire.co.uk
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks unfamillia,
err any my music standard is good but i do not have a flare or the sounds of lutes and ancient instruments, so any for any would be spectacular.

@ thoughtwire i wondered where all my milk was going!

but again thanks unfamillia tis going to go with my scripting sounds

love scraping metal that will go with my doors of steel
thanks unfamillia. suggest though erasing the baggins sound copyright and all that stuff. not want you being told off

s.b.

Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2011 15:42 Edited at: 21st Mar 2011 15:45
The issue you were having is do to the fact you are running a Directx 11 video card which are buggy with FPS Creator X10...

Use this link to get the June 2010 DX Redist and make sure drivers are up to date for your video card and it should resolve the issues if any one else is having them...

The Directx web installer never gives you the full library of DX files so its is always better to use Redist version to update DX.

Hope this Helps
-Squalker
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2011 00:10
@squalker

Thanks for the advice. I have recently upgraded to v1.11 and that has solved ALL problems. Not a glitch or bug in sight!

Thanks again for taking the time to give me some advice though. Much appreciated!

Unfamillia

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 16:55:12
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 16:55:12