Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All -

Is there a good example or tutorial on how to use a DLL in dark basic pro? (in particular BBB.dll - for the windows components). The post regarding BBB contains the commands, but not an example of how to use them....I am guessing the first thing I need to do is do a LOAD DLL "BBB.dll"?...I guess what I am asking is how do I know what I inherited and the format of the commands within the dll...

Thanks!!!!

mirrellk
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2011 21:52
Depends. If the DLL is a plug-in, then you don't need to do anything except place it within your compiler\plugin-users directory in your DBPro installation directory.

If it's not a plug-in, then you need to use LOAD DLL/CALL DLL to access what it provides.

As for knowing what/which commands are available and how to access them, then you should also have help files provided which show you that.

Unfortunately, it appears that BBB.dll doesn't have help files, but it does have a full set of example programs that you can look at and play around with - they look fairly self-explanatory.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:25:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:25:15