Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have been looking into this software for some time now and finally ordered DarkGame Studio yesterdy. Im very excited to take on the monumental task of attempting to put something very basic together for the first time I have no experience with anything like this so i will be excited if i can make something as simple as a rotating box... Just wanted to know if you guys recomend that I buy the Vol 1 guide right off the bat or does the Darkgame Studio come with some basic information (instruction) that can get me started?
The software comes with all sorts of programs, as you all know, from AI to plant studio. Wanted to know what some of you may recomend that I start off with as someone in a previous thread suggested that noobs shouldnt try it all out at once as it may become very overwhelming very fast. I want to (need to) start off very simple.
Thanks in advance for any input/advice.
Excited to be here!
IanM
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2011 21:55
Take a look at the 'Tutorial thread' (second post in this forum) and read through those first.

There are a lot of links there, so I'll direct you initially to either Dans video tutorials (if you're a visual learner), or TDK's tutorials (if you prefer text).

SH4773R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2011 23:48
Welcome to the forums!

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2011 00:00
Yah, welcome!

Kamakazi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Mar 2011 23:41
Welcome to TGC Forums! By far the best group of people I've came across. If it helps, I found the TGC tutorials in the link below to be of value. Another way to learn is to view the samples that does come with DarkGAME Studio to learn specifics. It's pretty amazing that a spinning object can be created with about 20 lines of code or less. I still go "WOW" over some of the samples included. Best tip I could give you so it isn't so overwhelming is to start simple and take it one step at a time. I'm still learning myself so you aren't alone.

Anyway, here's the tutorials I used that should be of some help to you.

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2000&page=tutorials

And in the top post of this forum thread is another tutorial that will help you become familiar with DBPro.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=137027&b=7

If I run across any more I'll pass them on.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:20:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:20:32