Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / [LOCKED] DarkBasic Pro, Blitz3D, 3D GameStudio...??? Which one's better???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All...

Im' not meaning to start anything nasty here...But I would like to get everybody's opinion regarding which one they think is better?

DarkBasic Pro? Blitz3D? 3D GameStudio?

Please also give your reasons as to why which one is better!
Please give details...

So which one do you think is better?

Best Regards, DoctorWho_3DGX
Lead Programmer/Level Designer
Easily Confused
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2003 04:08 Edited at: 12th Oct 2003 04:19
Please don't be surprised or insulted if this thread is locked faster than Fort Knox on a friday.

Comparing DBPro to other products is often frowned upon.

Programming anything is an art, and you can't rush art.
Unless your name is Bob Ross, then you can do it in thirty minutes.
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2003 07:02
Guys keep this thread under control or it will be locked.

Im going to recommend DBP because thats what I use. Its being developed still, it will get better as time goes on, and it is nice and cheap.

Blitz isnt being developed as rapidly, and I tried it out once and its no where near DBP.

3DGS is similiar to C++, so its a whole different language. Plus, check out that price tag on the Pro version!!

Overall, Id go with DBP because of

Performance
Price
Support

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
We need a texture artist!
If your interested email me - Johnrocs@aol.com
zircher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2003 08:41
The only meaningful answer is that the best tools are the ones that you like to use and can get things done with. Same goes for 2D paint programs, 3D modelling tools, and other utilities.
--
TAZ
DoctorWho_3DGX
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok.....

Thanks guys...I was just wondering.
I understand that threads like this can sometimes cause caos and such.. I really didn't mean to start something and make it into a bad thing here. I just wanted to get other user's opinions on this subject..That's all! I personally agree with RPGamer on DarkBasic Pro! DarkBasic Pro has many advancments and the price is just right too! I do wish though that Lee Bamber would hurry and implement fog for terrains though as it would make it easier for me to create the landscapes I want using just heightmap images instead.. But Im' sure that the terrain command set will be updated very soon! I also like 3D GameStudio too for some things...But my overall opinion is that DarkBasic Pro ROCKS in my world!!!!

Best Regards, DoctorWho_3DGX
Lead Programmer/Level Designer
Surreal Studio IanG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2003 23:30
how dare you mention any other programming language other than DB
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2003 00:12
Blasphemy! How daresth thou mention those accursed names in the sanctuary of the DarkBASIC forums?

As to the question: DarkBASIC Pro

I would be unstoppable if I could just get started...
Steve Fash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2003 00:18
LOL
It's all down to personal taste really-I use Blitz+ and DBpro (the former for 2D, the latter for 3D)...Remember DBpro does *exactly* what it says on the tin The only small niggles I have about DBP are the lack of inbuilt XM and MOD support (although our ol' m8 TCA did some great bass and fmod .dlls to sort that for us) and the .exe sizes....(which I reckon Lee will address at some stage)..
Try all the demos then go for what feels best to you !

For game/demo music for YOUR PC and GP32 productions visit:-www.futuredevelopments.org.uk
OSX Using Happy Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2003 00:34
All hail me...

Avatar & Logo by Indi. Insert witty comment here...
Northern Fist
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd personally try to get my hands on DBPro. I have the classic version, but if it weren't for the fact that I'm a poor cheapskate, I'd have gotten DBPro. That's all I have to say about that...

"Power, precision, and don't forget about speed. If you practice everyday with these things in mind... you begin to develope A FIGHTING MODE." - Fist of Legend (Jet Li)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 06:45:59
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 06:45:59