Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2011 01:17
Much of the vehicle setup in DarkPhysics is confusing as hell. The documentation seems to be only half written, and there's hints in the forum that some values in certain vehicle commands are reversed??

I have a vehicle working. It's a relatively complex model, but has the necessary rigging for the wheels. I've got that bit all sorted out.

What I'm having trouble with is,
- phy set vehicle mass doesn't seem to have any effect
- the height and radius values in phy add vehicle wheel are confusing and no one seems to know what they mean
- wheel rotation looks like all 4 wheels are spinning out all the time (velocity of the vehicle doesn't match the spin of the tires)
- the tires regularly leave the ground and spin freely
- when turning, the vehicle goes slower and bounces around like it's balancing on a ball

Any advice for this would be appreciated.

HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2011 11:23
have you found and read this.

link
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=146920&b=30

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Mar 2011 17:36 Edited at: 7th Mar 2011 18:30
Hmm. Didn't spot that in the search. (not sure why..)

Thanks for that. I'll give that a go and see if it straightens out the issues.

[edit]
There are some issues with that tutorial. The wheel positions are indeed messed up as someone in that thread suggested. I guess it depends on how the model is setup.

What concerns me is I have my model facing correctly (same direction as the buggy which is correct in FragMotion) but when looking at the positions of the limbs that DBPro reports, the left and right values are switched.

With the model at 0,0,0 the right front tire should be at a positive X and positive Z value, but it's where the left front tire should be, at a negative X value. I think that might be what's messing everything up.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 16:53
leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2011 06:27
hi KIStech

have you made any progress.

I had some little bit of trouble with my model and dark physic car code. i have some questions:
1what 3d model program are using to make your car model. (i use blender)

2are you using limbs/bones in ur model.( in my model i don't have limbs/bones)

3 is any way you can post a pic of what the tires are looking/acting.

is my link that i have post. you might have check it out already.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=175834&b=30

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2011 05:19
hello kistech

just wondering if you ever fix your car setup problem.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2011 14:50 Edited at: 12th Jun 2011 14:51
Hi leo877,

KISTech has probably not seen your last couple of posts, you might be better emailing him. Although I know he has done some testing with vehicles using my plugin(Dark DynamiX), so I'm not sure he is still looking for a Dark Physics solution.

If you still have a vehicle project that you are serious about and you wish to test my plugin then give me an email, it may solve your issues, although it is still in development so it's a little light on documentation and examples.

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2011 06:25
@MATTY thanks for replying. i also thanks for your offer. my car project is one i work on while i work on other tgc programs, i not really focusing on it. hopefully i can hear more about yours in the furture.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2011 13:50
No problem leo, I will probably be posting a WIP soon as quite alot has been done on this.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:20:15
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:20:15