Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Hammer Help of Horrors Has me Hammered!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2003 07:11
Hammer is a good name for this editor - It's got me hammered from the start! I want to use it to make maps for DBpro, but I'm stuck on setting this baby up. The help files seem to be HL specific mostly. So far I've managed to configure for ZHLT for Rad,CGS,bsp etc. There also another executable in ZHLT's called RIPENT.exe - What do I do with this??? Is it a religious program?

What do I do with these other configurations:
1) configurations
2) Game data files
3) Texture format
4) point entity class
5) ... and a lot of other HL specific stuff
6) then RMF directory

Anyone out there got this set-up for DBpro, I no longer own HL ... do I need it to run the Hammer editor?

JD
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2003 10:41
on this site, goto 3 Dimensional Chat, and read "The Ultimate BSP Thread" - This will get you set up for Valve Hammer Editor and DBP.

-RUST-
Strider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2003 23:44
Cheers Rust!

JD
HardBoot
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 00:02 Edited at: 13th Oct 2003 00:02
And make sure you DL a version of hammer not made for HL. It will work for everything else but you'll have lots of shtuff ya dont need gettin in the way.
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 04:57
VHE 3.4 should be fine -

-RUST-
Strider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2003 22:12
Cheers again! I couldn't find a HL version of Hammer but V 3.4 had a problem with light entities when I followed the set guide in 3D chat, even with the latest fgd file. I'm giving the new V 3.5 beta a go and see if that fixes it. Here's hopin'.

JD
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2003 23:03 Edited at: 14th Oct 2003 23:04
Strider, you may have to box-in your entire map in a textured, hollowed, cube - that's what worked for me when I was having probs compiling the map (vis/rad errors). Also, you need just one light entity, but you need not add a start player entity.

cheers

add: I stole the code from the FPS game in the DBP manual to run around in my bsp world with Mouse-Look style controls. I have the modified code for it if/when you need it - just post here!

-RUST-
Strider
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2003 00:56
Will do rust, thanks!

I haven't compiled a map yet because I can't add any light entities yet - or any entities for that matter. I have already hollowed out a room and added a texture I downloaded. But the entity selection box is still completely empty. I'll try re-installing again and go through the setup procedure again.

JD

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 03:36:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 03:36:34