Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / bbb gui vs blue gui

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi All -

I just wanted to know if anyone has used either of these dll's for gui development...if so, which one would you recommend?....I have been playing around with bbb gui abit, but have been unable to get my hands on blue gui. I sent the author of blue gui an email wishing to purchase it, but no response (figured it may no longer be available with the 2004 date on the website)....Any advice/help is appreciated!!!

Thanks!

mirrellk
Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2011 20:45
Hello mirrellk.

Here are the pros and cons of both plugins.

Blue GUI

+ It has help files.
+ It has a windows designer. (Rainbow UI Editor as it's called)
And I think it's also open source if you buy it.

BBB GUI

+ It's free.
+ It has more features to the plugin.

- It does not have help files at the moment. (NOTE it is still being worked on at the moment. The examples are very good and that's all that you really need to lean it.)
- It does not have a windows designer. (NOTE I am working that, and I will post it on that thread soon.)

So I would recommend that you use BBB GUI. I like it, and it's easy to use. If you need any help, just ask on the thread.
mirrellk
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Admiral MH!!!!.....I am getting this...Command in 'USkin.dll' command-table unrecognised (Windows ??????????)......I do have USkin.dll in my plugins-user folder...is there something else I need?....

mirrellk
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2011 00:12
Blue GUI is no longer supported and although it works fairly well I never use it.

I've never used BBB GUI but I'd suggest it as a free and currently supported alternative.

Jimmanator
Years of Service
User Offline
The uskin.dll has to go in the same folder as your project,it does not work in the plugins-user folder
Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2011 18:49
Yeah just as Jimmanator said, put uskin.dll in the project folder. And whenever you compile a BBB GUI program, make sure you include "BBBGUI_CONSTANTS" dba.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:32:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:32:54