Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / meed advice for x10 creations

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
First, the engine doesent feel like dx10 at all, rather some dx9 from 2000.

I cant find a way to make a simple flowing water (flowing down the sewer pipe) - if it indeed were dx10 then physics already should take care of most of it.
In fact besides default water level (and i cant create different water levels per round), there is no water at all.

I cant find a way to make dynamic shadows/lightning (eg light shining doesnt from a hole above, creating the shadows of the bars on the ground).

Resolution is 800x600 (last time i used something at this reso was 10 years ago).

Lightning is bad (besides few lights that just create a radial blob of light).

Basically no shadows at all - and i set them on in the tab menu.

The default water has its own light. Like creating it i na cavern or sewer room (with few crates above shining dim light down) - the water looks like big solid colorful block all across the room.

Is there any solutions to these problems?
Le Shorte
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2011 01:14
Quote: "rather some dx9 from 2000."

Find a game from 2000 with graphics like FPSCX10 out of the box.

Quote: "I cant find a way to make a simple flowing water (flowing down the sewer pipe) - if it indeed were dx10 then physics already should take care of most of it."

You don't believe this is DX10? Those physics need to be coded into the engine.

Quote: "In fact besides default water level (and i cant create different water levels per round), there is no water at all."

It's called FPI Scripting.

Quote: "I cant find a way to make dynamic shadows/lightning (eg light shining doesnt from a hole above, creating the shadows of the bars on the ground)."

Elaborate, please. Do you mean lightrays?

Quote: "Resolution is 800x600 (last time i used something at this reso was 10 years ago)."

Can be coded in with the modders' kit.

Quote: "Lightning is bad (besides few lights that just create a radial blob of light)."

If you want so much better lighting, code it yourself.

Quote: "Basically no shadows at all - and i set them on in the tab menu."

There are shadows, are you looking hard enough?

Quote: "The default water has its own light. Like creating it i na cavern or sewer room (with few crates above shining dim light down) - the water looks like big solid colorful block all across the room."

Mess around with the water sliders.

You get what you payed for: a below-entry-level DirectX 10 FPS creator.

I reject your stereotype of Wisconsin and, in fact, live in a city.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
@ le shorte good one

@ dust of death, you are judging before exploring.

i am not sure why so hard on this, the graphics are awesome, and if you know how to do normal spec and textures and how to apply the correct scripts and make your own graphics and your own models and animated, with the knowledge of fpsc x10 scripting, you canvirtually do any 1st person game, you have water moving platforms to do a croc or a 3d mario style game etc 1st person shooter etc. it can be pretty much done. and if you are any good with making textures and putting to models etc, then the graphics can be awesome,

and have you updated to version 1.11

and you need x10.1 from microsoft for it to work properly

further more a decent graphics card

then go to set the graphics on the editor.

so i assume you bought it without viewing first then? for if you had viewed then why attack the graphics? you do not buy something you do not like do you?

so my friend we are here to help you, to make life as easy as possible, i will do my best unless you just want to complain about it.

you obviously have it now and so get your uploads from your account as in the extra bits then the updates to
11.1 otherwise it will be like a commodore 64 at running it.

then learn to texture,script,model,animate and the tricks to go with it

for instance you can try making an animated decal or make a direct x model and animate it and just semi transparent the texture to create 3d water. there are ways if you ask or even people will give some work freely just be nice and we are here

up to you dude
welcome to the forums

s.b.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 23:24:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 23:24:53