Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / darkGDK error: the operation could not be completed. The system cannot find the path specified.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2011 03:31 Edited at: 10th Mar 2011 13:22
Okay. First off i have looked on Google and the forums and have found nothing. Second, I have followed the Installation step by step, and this happened. I have run the Wizard program in the Tools folder in the DarkGDK folder in my Program files. And i can see the DarkGDK and Wizards folders in my Visual Studio 2008 folder in my documents. I can get as far as opening Visual C++ and going to create new project, clicking Wizards, and clicking Dark GDK - Game. I do not understand what happened. The exact wording on the error is in the title. Thanks.

Bellator Quest 3d: Small RPG Under Development (looking for team *hint hint*) Plan on turning into MMoRPG once finished
Bellator Quest 3d
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeh... This really wants me to continue using your products... Having bugs and no answers...

Bellator Quest 3d: Small RPG Under Development (looking for team *hint hint*) Plan on turning into MMoRPG once finished
Bellator Quest 3d
Years of Service
User Offline
I am 100% sure i will do business with this company. I'm glad my friend gave me my copy of DarkBASIC, since i would hate to do business with a company whose programs don't even work, and they dont have any answers to the problems.

Cyall.

DeadTomGC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2011 04:52
First, you are using 2008 right?
Second, Did you run the compiler at least once before installing the Dark GDK and Direct X?

The three types of wizards should need to be listed in visualstudios2008\DarkGDK\ and \Wizards\
If those folders aren't filled properly, then you may get that error.
However, I am no expert on this.
Here is something you could try to help isolate the problem.

Try opening and compiling the terrain tutorial that sits in programfiles\thegamecreators\....
Note, you must run VC++ as admin to do this.

If this works, I could post the files you might need.

I'll get a new signature someday.
Cetobasilius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2011 07:52 Edited at: 12th Mar 2011 07:52
so you just joined to complain. i dont even have the wizards on my visual studio and i can make applications with a blank project, just include the headers and thats it. Nobody cares about your crying. if you cannot make it work i doubt you will get some other libraries to work.

hi
Mireben
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Mar 2011 12:41 Edited at: 12th Mar 2011 13:36
Please realise that on this forum it's mainly other users who reply to you, not TGC employees (remark: there is a form in the web site menu to send mail directly to them if you very much want to). If other users haven't come across your problem yet and don't know the solution, then there will be no reply. Second, it's very difficult to troubleshoot an installation problem without sitting in front of the computer in question.

To be more helpful, try this: Open the wizard files in a text editor. These are the files with the "vsz" extension that you have in the Visual Studio 2008\Wizards folder. There should be three of them for the three wizards. They all contain a path. For example:

Check if that directory path really exists, and if there is a Visual Studio project inside it. (Files with sln extension and further subdirectories with vcproj files inside them.) It is possible that the files were copied to a different place then the path set in the wizard files. (For example, on my computer the installer created a second copy of the My Documents directory, because my Windows is not English... weird but as long as it works, I don't care about correcting it.)

If the path does not fit the location where the project files are, then either copy the project files to the place where the path points to, or correct the path in the "vsz" file with text editor. For more guidance see this post:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=118371&b=22&msg=1793748#m1793748

As a final alternative, you can try using Dark GDK without wizards. Set the location of the Dark GDK (and the DirectX SDK) header files as "additional include directories" for the C++ code generation, and the location of the library files as "additional library directiories" for the linker. These can be set in the project options, but the directories can also be set in the global Visual Studio options under "VC++ directores".

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-28 12:39:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-28 12:39:17