Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Ground height multiplayer issue

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone,

I recently got back into Dark Basic after taking a long vacation with Python. I remember using Benjamin's MultiSync plugin in previous projects and I just finished downloading his latest release. This release comes with an example server and client program. Everything works great and flawlessly, except for a ground height issue I am having. Strangely enough I had this same problem back when I first started using DbPro but cannot remember my solution.

After booting up the server, I will connect with one client which I will call client A. Client A's cube is correct heightwise as long as it is on flat ground. The cube does not however change its y coordinate in response to changes in matrix height as show by the two screen shots. Now the really strange part is that if I connect a second client, which I will call client B, both clients work perfectly, their cubes scaling the hills with ease.

If I exit out of A or B, the remaining client's cube goes back to not responding to changes in matrix height. This leads me to believe that the problem is rectified through some sort of communication between clients, but I'm not sure what.

I have a pretty good understanding of networks from python (just didn't want to go through the hassle of threading to achieve asynchronous network communication).

Below are the screenshots and the code for both the server and the client. They are almost entirely Benjamin's with a few additions made by me. Those long "get ground height" in place of y values are mine. I also added in the player.y and player.realy variables and added them to the network send/receive list.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Client:

Server:

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:35:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:35:06