Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / The future of FPS X10 ... where does it lead ... ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi there,
i heard once that the GC guys are planning to enhance the FPS to make it a full sized 3D Games maker, wit enhanced scripting and all. A tool, which makes first person shooters possible as as Adventures, 3D Person games etc.
Is there any more news about that yet? Maybe even a schedule?
Thanks for getting me up to date
Regards
Bildermensch

Coming atractions not yet announced!
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
there is already fpsc x9 and fpsc x10

x9 is a fully working ( just about ) first person shooter

x0 is the same but is not getting anymore attention except from the community, but you also get x9 free if you buy x 10

so you are already able to make games

s.b.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Bildermensch
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that for quite a while, that i am already able to make games. But since FPS is exactly the kind of game i do not want to make, i posted the question, based on a statement, which i saw in the DB online magazine.
Nonetheless, thanks for the effords answering me!
Regards
Bildermensch

Coming atractions not yet announced!
srealist
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2011 16:03
With certain mods you can do 3rd person games in x9. I use fpscx9 and x10 to make educational games (none of which involve shooting anything). You can do all kinds of game genres with FPSC if you get creative. Most important part is learning its limitations and its strengths.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
gotcha, i remember they were talking about making a more puzzles and adventure type engine with more communication etc. it was around about the same time the so called merge of 2 engines was happening ie x9/x10 being in one. migration it was called

well that turned out to be no x10 and just x9 due to a lot of skint supremists raising hell.but fear not, i think you will find x9 fpsc is it, and the ai been added and the speak function water and shaders shadows etc is the development. that is it dude

more clearer i hope

SH4773R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2011 05:40
Its called fpscreator for a reason.....

My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2011 13:53 Edited at: 17th Mar 2011 13:54
@ commico

@ Bildermensch, he has a point dude.
but then i guess you were asking about not fpsc and an entire new engine. best to ask in a different location, maybe geek culture etc. they might know. and ask the dark basic guys they are the wizards.

crumbaker
User Banned
Posted: 30th Mar 2011 09:48
Future? Ha, why anyone would use this now that udk and unity are free is beyond comprehension. I have a $70 paperweight, this software never left the alpha stage and I'm not happy about it.
Norion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2011 18:49 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2011 17:01
@crumbaker

your post made me a bit angry

it looks like you want to ridicule fpsc X10. and that is not very nice against the people who like this engine.

please don't say things like that on fpsc X10 forums.

cheers.

N.

sorry for my english i'm an alien
General Zax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 08:18
Actually, I remember this too. It was in an issue of the Game Creators Newsletter a few months back. They were talking about how they were going to make the game into a more education-worthy field by giving the opportunity to make more games than purely FPS games. They commenced the subject by talking about some of the new features, one of which included lipsync, which can apparently be done now. They had a new name for everything. I don't remember what it was called, though, but if there's a way to look at the Newsletter Archives, I'm sure you can find it.

There is a darkness in each of us, one that creates us, consumes us, haunts us. This darkness will devour the living, burn the civil way of living we know today. Only we...can aid it in its quest!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 13:06
Check out Model Pack 54 in the latest newsletter, which enables a whole new set of functionality for puzzle games.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 13:22
norion,

Please dont use offensive terminology when refering to others even though you may feel the need to express yourself. There are other ways to do it.

Noted against your profile.

250 seamless textures : http://www.umedia.co.uk
Norion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 14:53
@Uman

yeah... sorry i will edit my post.

thanks

N.

sorry for my english i'm an alien

Login to post a reply