Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Has anybody here used BSP levels yet with DarkBasic Pro???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if any of you guys out there in DarkBasic Pro land have ever used BSP levels yet with darkbasic pro? If you have..
Has any of you actually gotten a decent frame rate yet using it?
I've heard that some original BSP level's like Half-Life or Quake 3 levels actually run a pretty decent frame rate using darkbasic pro.
However though... Has anybody out there managed to be able to create their own level and have compiled it using DBP's BSP Compiler and have gotten fast frame rate similar to thoes found in the Half-Life & Quake 3 levels yet? I personally never created yet my own level & compiled it yet using DBP's BSP Compiler to test and see if I can get a decent frame rate with it.. I do know that the standard "World Demo Example" that comes with DBP's Package when run is extremly slow in the frame rate department... When i run their world example in DBP, It only runs at 24 fps.... That's not at all very good!! I was just curious if anybody here can shed some light on this subject showing a better way to go about doing this to achive better frame rates using BSP levels with darkbasic pro? Many thanks in advance guys...

Best Regards, DoctorWho_3DGX
Lead Programmer/Level Designer
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 04:58
yes, yes and yes - read "Ultimate BSP Thread" in 3d forum on this site. Get a hold of Valve Hammer Editor 3.4...gl

-RUST-
DoctorWho_3DGX
Years of Service
User Offline
CattleRustler ,

Hey many thanks for the helpful info..Very much appreciated..
I just hope I can eventually get some nice frame rates with darkbasic pro! But why does the stanard world demo example run so dam slow? I only get 24 fps? That's not a good example to show people that buy DarkBasic Pro that their engine in darkbasic pro can handle fast frame rates...The development team of darkbasic pro really needs to change that to really show off the fast frame rates that they claim that darkbasic pro can do.. I hope they make the necessary changes in future updates...I'll guess we'll see huh?

Thanks again!!

Best Regards, DoctorWho_3DGX
Lead Programmer/Level Designer
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 19:06
no problem. I am not sure why the demo is slow - many factors could contribute to that effect. Get some bsp stuff going on your end and see how the FPS is. Also a good thing to look at is the game example in the DBP manual, it shows how to do mouse-look, first person movement in a BSP. Be on the look out for "dummy-objects" for bsp worlds, meaning: make an object, latch the camera to the object, move the object around - not the camera - I have some code snippets if you have problems. Make sure all DirectX and vid drivers are latest versions

PEACE

-RUST-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 04:03:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 04:03:12