Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / AI Library Wrapper? DarkAI Equivalent?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Sometime down the road, I will be looking to add some AI to my game prototype. Just wondering if there are any Dark GDK compatible AI Libraries and/or AI engine wrappers or what not that can handle AI for me.

Dark AI is the obvious choice. However, after researching DarkPhysics and finding Fulcrum to do everything I need at $0 with good support, I figure there might be a free choice somewhere on this forum.

Any ideas?
entomophobiac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2011 17:47
http://code.google.com/p/recastnavigation/
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2011 23:46
Micropather is a good alternative, as it's a pure C++ header/cpp file combination. The only downside is that you need to be comfortable handling void pointers and have a certain class(es) to handle the A* path. I've been looking into Recast Navigation as well and it seems promising.

TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2011 17:20 Edited at: 20th Mar 2011 17:21
Quote: "Micropather is a good alternative, as it's a pure C++ header/cpp file combination. The only downside is that you need to be comfortable handling void pointers and have a certain class(es) to handle the A* path. I've been looking into Recast Navigation as well and it seems promising."

Integrating Recastnavigation into S3GE is coming along smoothly. I'm wrapping the S3GE glue functions to RecastNav API under the name QuantumPath (a Recast Wrapper originally started by Marlou).

My approach to integration was to hack-n-slash the RecastDemo Code by stripping out all the OpenGL constructs in my inherited classes. Sadly, the RecastDemo appears to be the only form of documentation provided for the Lib so im flying blind. My first task was load the Geometry mesh data into the into a dbObject. Heres a couple of screenshots of the RecastDemo dungeon.obj converted into DGDK Mesh and Object within S3GE. Next on the agenda is building the NavMesh, followed by adding Agents.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-27 21:52:33
Your offset time is: 2024-06-27 21:52:33