Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Request for extra features in Dark clouds

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2011 06:18
Does anyone know how to contact the creators of Dark clouds?

I have a request for two simple features I think would be worth adding to the plugin.
1:
the option of having an object number for the box the clouds are drawn onto. (I want to add fog without losing my sky -for night time)

2:
and access to a variable that switches when the rain has started/stopped(i know it turns on when cloud level is 7+ but it would be nice to have a moment of rain variable switch so you can add rain sounds and other things.

I dont think they would be too much trouble to add in and would be great additions in my opinion.

for the record - dark clouds is an brilliant plugin and it adds a level of amazing quality to any project it is used in. no complaints from me, just a suggestion.
kezzla

Sometimes I like to use words out of contents
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2011 15:48
Quote: "Does anyone know how to contact the creators of Dark clouds?"

You can try contacting them but I tried a few times and never got a response. Try posting on the main thread here:
DarkCLOUDS

Quote: "1:
the option of having an object number for the box the clouds are drawn onto. (I want to add fog without losing my sky -for night time)"

Fog should not affect DC at all as it just renders to the backdrop. You can manually apply the rendered image to a plane and position the plane a set distance away from the camera if you want it to be affected by fog.

Quote: "2:
and access to a variable that switches when the rain has started/stopped(i know it turns on when cloud level is 7+ but it would be nice to have a moment of rain variable switch so you can add rain sounds and other things.

I dont think they would be too much trouble to add in and would be great additions in my opinion."

I agree this would be nice (knowing when it's raining)...

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2011 15:49
Forgot to mention the developers are called Simul:
SIMUL

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2011 17:03
I would just like to see the commands in it that are broken get fixed. I also tried emailing the developer and got no response.

For rain you are actually better off doing it yourself, as the rain in DC only shows on the backdrop, and falls behind your terrain or any other objects, making it look unnatural.

Admiral MH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2011 19:08
Yeah this is a great plugin but still could use some more features.

Quote: "and access to a variable that switches when the rain has started/stopped(i know it turns on when cloud level is 7+ but it would be nice to have a moment of rain variable switch so you can add rain sounds and other things."

I agree also.

Some features I would like to see.

1. If it's not already, make it support multicore processors.
2. It would also be nice to have lighting. It looks VERY nice on his videos.

Quote: "
You can try contacting them but I tried a few times and never got a response. Try posting on the main thread here:
DarkCLOUDS"

Their main thread is already locked for posting. They need to start a new one soon.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:26:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:26:55