Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Hi! and a couple of questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi!

Is everything we create with DB Pro etc commercially our own, ie. ours to sell?

And are we able to create massively multiplayer games? Do you guys know of any games created that are already multiplayer enabled as an example of what can be achieved?

Also, because I have only just stumbled across this site and DB Pro, can you guide me to some top examples of what can be done with DB Pro, I'm only interested in 2D.

I've read a few threads and it seems you have a great community here!
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2011 03:48 Edited at: 20th Mar 2011 03:49
Hi, welcome to the forums!!!
Quote: "Is everything we create with DB Pro etc commercially our own, ie. ours to sell?"

That depends, if you have purchased DBPro then yes you may sell your games commercially and the copyright is yours (so long as your multimedia is yours aswell, be careful when using other people's multimedia). The free version is for non-commercial use.

Quote: "And are we able to create massively multiplayer games?"

Theoreticaly, it is possible but projects this big are generally recommended for teams and generally aren't attempted by one person.

Quote: "Also, because I have only just stumbled across this site and DB Pro, can you guide me to some top examples of what can be done with DB Pro, I'm only interested in 2D.
"

DBPro (I'm not sure about the free version), comes with examples which demonstrate some of DBPro's power. You can aslo check out the program announcemnts board to see more of what DBPro can do.

Hope this clears everything up

A clever person solves a problem, a wise person avoids it - Albert Einstein
AmbulanceGames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2011 07:24
You can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqh3ef_urqU

if you get enough experience (and some plug-ins).
Agent
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2011 00:08
Well, I'm working on a 2D MMORPG called Behind The Land of Solodor, which is coming along quite nicely. Take a look:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=180485&b=8

It's obviously not finished, but I think it makes a good example of what can be done in terms of multiplayer 2D games.

I also recommend taking a look at the free version of DB, or sorting through the showcase on the main page, which is full of stuff that demonstrates what can be done.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:19:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:19:34