Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / it's been a while...and these dog gone errors are what I get????

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2011 07:16
1>------ Build started: Project: Breakout3d - Part 2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_TCPIP referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::SetNetConnections(int)" (?SetNetConnections@CNetwork@@QAEHH@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_IPX referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::SetNetConnections(int)" (?SetNetConnections@CNetwork@@QAEHH@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _CLSID_DirectPlay referenced in function "private: static int __stdcall CNetwork::StaticGetConnection(struct _GUID const *,void *,unsigned long,struct DPNAME const *,unsigned long,void *)" (?StaticGetConnection@CNetwork@@CGHPBU_GUID@@PAXKPBUDPNAME@@K1@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectPlay4A referenced in function "private: static int __stdcall CNetwork::StaticGetConnection(struct _GUID const *,void *,unsigned long,struct DPNAME const *,unsigned long,void *)" (?StaticGetConnection@CNetwork@@CGHPBU_GUID@@PAXKPBUDPNAME@@K1@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_ComPort referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_SERIAL referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_Phone referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPSPGUID_MODEM referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_INet referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DPAID_ServiceProvider referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>multiplayer.lib(CNetwork.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _IID_IDirectPlayLobby2A referenced in function "public: int __thiscall CNetwork::FindNetSessions(char *)" (?FindNetSessions@CNetwork@@QAEHPAD@Z)
1>Debug\Breakout3d - Part 2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 11 unresolved externals
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Users\Jeff\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\Breakout3d - Part 2\Breakout3d - Part 2\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>Breakout3d - Part 2 - 12 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

they are all about some multiplayer.lib??? None of the commands in this formerly compilable project are related to multiplayer anything.

HELP!!!

if you can, thanks in advance...

later,

jeff c
OceanJeff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2011 07:19
ok, now all of my projects are giving me the same errors...AHHH!!!!

I wish computers could just speak english, and then we would know what's wrong...

lol

later,

jeff

p.s. i will be meticulously going through all my settings and etc in search of this bug.....!!!!!
OceanJeff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Mar 2011 07:28
ok, i deleted the direct x lib directories under tools, etc, etc.

then i repointed to the direct x lib for aug 2007 , that's the correct direct x library to use isn't it.?

now i just get the buggy error: can't open d3dx9.lib...and i know it's in that directory....so i'm not sure what's happening?

oh well, i will check on this forum later tonight, and if not, i'll check again tomorrow for help.

my next day off is thursday, so i won't be able to work on it until then anyways....

thanks again all..

jeff c
OceanJeff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2011 11:31
Oh, I guess no one knows the answer to this one. LOL

I might just re-install the whole package after backing up my projects folder then....

later all,

jeff c
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2011 15:23
What's your DX version? If it's newer than August 2007 then the multiplayer lib won't work.

OceanJeff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2011 08:01
Uninstalled everything, and started from scratch.

Visual Studio 2008 Express

Direct X Aug 2007

and Dark GDK

I had direct x and dark gdk backed up, so all i had to do was download visual studio, which took forever even though it's only 80 mb.

Anyways, we're back up and running, and I've started learning blender 2.5x whatever the current version is...used the down time from getting programming back up to start that, and it's exciting to learn blender, they have some great tutorials going now for the latest 2.5x, with a whole new interface, all the old tutorials are pretty hard to follow if you miss one step.

Also, now i'm going to do an audit of all my projects, and see what's next.

later all,

jeff c

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 02:25:29
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 02:25:29