Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Where do I go....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 02:37
It seems like what I want to do is produce computer games professionally. I'm a multi kinda guy. I write high quality music, I do 2d graphic art design for websites (which may be 3d in a picture), I code (started doing that on my calculator), I do occasional voiceovers, I model and render in 3d, I do industrail tech 3d conception design, I can engineer parts and blueprints using AutoCAD, I make my own sound effects, I can do pretty landscape backgrounds....

But whenver I try to focus on one of these things another jumps out at me. Where exactly do I belong in this higly experimental world of computer media? What college aspects should I be looking for? My school really doesn't offer any of these things...and I want options.
-16 and looking for guidance
rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2002 06:26
lol, I know what you mean... jack of all trades, master of none. That's exactly how I feel, when I hand in a project at school that I've worked on for weeks, only to realize that it's not focused on one thing, it's more a patchwork of many of my talents, which is not always for the better.

I don't know where you should start, because I am not you, and I don't know you well enough to guess. So, I would suggest: Pick an area you'd like to go into. Maybe research it, etc. Then, once you've somehow found your focus area, work at it. Keep practicing your other talents, but focus on one main area. That way you can be a jack-of-all-trades, and have a Master's in one

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 09:33:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 09:33:09