Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I downloaded the program, and I was just trying to figure out how do I put my graphics into the game? Thanks!
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2011 23:31
Hi, to load media into your program follow the following steps:
1. Create a new project or open an existing one.
2. Copy your desired media into the projects folder, usually located in your program files - the game creators - DBPro - Projects.
3. In the IDE find your "media tab" (usually the next tab after "solution explorer") and load the media in from that tab by clicking the folder icon.
4. Use the necessary load commands to load the image into your project e.g "Load image "yourimage", 1"

I've attached a small demonstration. Note that the image is visible in the media tab.

Hope this helps

A clever person solves a problem, a wise person avoids it - Albert Einstein

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2011 23:34 Edited at: 24th Mar 2011 23:37
Hi. Welcome to the forum and by the sounds of it to DarkBASIC Pro as well.

It might be worth checking out some of the tutorials on this thread as a way of getting started with DBP. Are you totally new to programming? If so there are a few things you may want to learn first such as variables and so on. To get you started though, try these codes:

For 2D graphics:

For 3D graphics:

Replace MyImage.png or MyObject.x with your own graphics and you should see them appear on the screen for you. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Hodgey beat me to it lol. Run with his download it will make things easier.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:30:24
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:30:24