Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / What skills are required to use DB?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am interested in creating graphics and was refereed to this program by a friend. I have absolutely no background in anything to do with code. This is my plan:
1. I think creating 3d graphics has to do with programming, right?
2. If so, I was told before learning programming, it would be a good idea to learn HTML. Is this so? I ordered a book on it.
3. After learning HTML, I will then begin to learn programming (with books and software use), and I will start using DB. Does this sound like a sturdy plan?
4. If all the things I insisted are inaccurate, which I don't doubt, what skills are required to make the graphics of a game. Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2011 22:32
Quote: "1. I think creating 3d graphics has to do with programming, right?"

Not at all I'm afraid. If you want to produce Still or animated 3D graphics you should look at modelling and animation software such as 3DS Max, Maya and similar free versions like Blender.

Quote: "2. If so, I was told before learning programming, it would be a good idea to learn HTML. Is this so? I ordered a book on it."

Again no. Programming (if that's what you want to do IE make games/software) is quite different to html which is mainly for making websites. DBPro is a programming language designed to make game making easier.

Quote: "3. After learning HTML, I will then begin to learn programming (with books and software use), and I will start using DB. Does this sound like a sturdy plan?"

If making game graphics is what you want to do then DBP and these forums are a great place to get advice but I suggest you look/post under 3D chat to start~:
3D Chat

Hope you find a fun and interesting place here amongst us!

Grog Grueslayer
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Green Hell
Posted: 30th Mar 2011 08:50
Quote: "4. If all the things I insisted are inaccurate, which I don't doubt, what skills are required to make the graphics of a game. Any and all recommendations are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!"

If you're looking only for 3D look at what Baxslash suggested for 2D most of us use either Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2011 10:41
Quote: "If you're looking only for 3D look at what Baxslash suggested for 2D most of us use either Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro."

Or GIMP

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 02:19:32
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 02:19:32