Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] characteristics of my new upcoming game *read!*

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2011 18:56 Edited at: 31st Mar 2011 18:56
Greetings, forum members

Ive been working on a project unlike most other games made with fps creator. I chose to make an rpg where you can explore dungeons, do quests, buy houses, ammo, and weapons, and a never befor seen pickpocketing system.

The projects story is in progress, which should be done soon. What i can tell you now is that you will be fighting fantasy creatures in the medieval times, and doing quests and earn money and other things like the stuff in the above paragraph, so this is very similar to the game oblivion, or diablo where you have to do quests, earn money, buy items, all that good stuff.

In this forum thread, i would like to be going over each of these features and would like feedback about if you like it, if you dont like it, what you could add, what you could take away, Things like that.

so first off, i would like to go over dungeons/caves first.

The dungeons play a big part in the story as well as side quests, dungeons are found in every level of the game, and are filled with monsters, traps, and of course loot. A quest in my game requires you to enter a certain cave and kill an ogre named roshack, your reward is what the ogre is guarding, a chest with a weapon inside.
Another quest would be the main quest where you have to find an exit (which leads to the next level) that you will have to go through. So dungeons(or caves) do infact play a pretty big part in my project.

Another aspect of my project is the quest system.

The quest system is very similar to the quest system in oblivion.
Step one-Talk to a man that requires help.
Step two-accept quest (or deny) and do whatever the quest requires you to do.
step three-being the final step, and probably favorite step of all-retrieve reward. There are 2 diffrent types of quests. A sidequest.Or the main quest

------
i will continue this soon.

.....the feel of solitude hurts inside....
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2011 19:14
You need to adhere to the new WIP thread requirements or this thread will be locked by a moderator.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170978&b=21&msg=2025580#m2025580

Kravenwolf

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2011 20:01 Edited at: 31st Mar 2011 20:01
Not to pull you down or similar...

I have no idea how you try to accomplish some of these and I work with FPSC for years now... then again, the thread you made before on this is that you look for a tutorial on "Showing a simple popup message in FPSC" which is easy as pie.

I'm sure interested in seeing what you can come up with.

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
tokyomage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2011 21:46
thank you both kravenwolf and Wolf, i will change this immediatly.

tokyomage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2011 21:47
and as an authors request i would like this thread to be locked.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 12:59:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 12:59:45