Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Suburban Horror (working title)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Story
It’s night. You enter the streets of your dozy suburb and the world seems as it is every day: boring. But a few seconds later your personal horror-trip begins…

Gameplay
You’re the last “human” in your small village. Maybe the last one in the world. Stay alive and find a way out of this nightmare!

More
This level is inspired by the movie 28 days later and games like left4dead- or the resident evil-series. It’s still under development.

Download
Coming soon.

Screenshots

Omegamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 11:32
Doesnt look bad just work on the lights.

Youtube Name: omegamer666
Current project: Junkys Home, a X9 project where you wakeup in a dark apertment and your goal is to get out of there.
But you´re not alone...
blackinmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks.

But I've two big problems to fix: the enemies (from the "Zombie Apocalypse"-pack) are totally stupid (either they don't see me or they run against objects) and often they run through the walls of the "Free Urban"-pack-entities.

Does anybody know how to fix these problems?
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, the cold hard truth of it is that all FPSC AI is stupid. I wish it could be better myself but there isn't
much you can do from your standpoint. They will run into walls and sometimes not even follow you into rooms.
I mean, thats why most people go for more linear zombie games; it sort of hides the fact they are so dumb.

Its something we have to live with until (and ever) the AI gets an overhaul.

AMD Phenom II X6 3.2Ghz, 8GB DDR3 Extreme RAM,
ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard, Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB DDR5
blackinmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, what a pity.

My biggest problem is the kind of "open world" in this map, because it has a huge outdoor segment. Beside of the AI I have now the problem, that I cant't render a build with maximum quality (textures, lightmaps and shaders). After a looooong render-process (~30 minutes) I receive a general error message. I think I reached the capability-borders of the FPSC.

My next project will definately be an indoor-shooter!
blackinmind
Years of Service
User Offline
The first playable version (I call it v.05 BETA) is available:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20189532/Suburban+Horror+-+v0.5+BETA.zip

As mentioned above, I have following problems:
- stupid enemies
- mid-res quality of textures, lightmaps and shaders
- slowdowns

-> My conclusion: Unfortunatley the FPSC is not suitable to create Left4Dead-like levels or open-world/huge outdoor maps

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 22:17:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 22:17:57