Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / placing enemys using arrays

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I need help on how to make, create, and place enemys for my 2d game.
Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
Honestly, thats way to generic, have you tried anything yet? Nobody will write the game for you you have to at least get some code together showing you started, or ask some specific questions.
Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Well i have tried to write my own enemys array but i feel that i started in the wrong place and i wanna see where others would bring me on this.
WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 22:53
The examples that come with DBP and GDK are usually more than enough to get anyone well into working with them. They do cover all the aspects of the API. However some problems do arise when working with C++ because it does take a long time to learn. As time passes you get much better at it.

http://www.cprogramming.com/
This site does go over tutorials and samples for c++ programming which will help out immensely. It covers the basics and goes into more advanced c++ programming.

The best way to get help on these forums with the problems you are facing is to provide snippets of your code. At least then the rest of us know were you are at and we can help then which direction to point you in.

Googling helps with getting answers to. I always have google at the ready when searching for an answer to a problem I have.

ie. You could google "2d game array programming c++" and see what results you get first. It is usually much faster than waiting on a reply on a forum too.

Good luck with your programming sir...

Warning! May contain Nuts!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 02:01:48
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 02:01:48