Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I need a DBP FPS Tutorial, im here for the contest.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I downloaded the 90 day free trail for the contest. I have used DB before a few years ago, but didnt get anywhere(i made a small flap of land and was able to walk around it.). I have programmed in Basic, VB, C, and C++ so i have basic coding knowledge, i just need the tutorials so i know where to start.

I read the FAQ in the forum but the links were broken.

I already got a story and plot for the game(its written down and the rest is in my head), now all i need to do is make it. I read that i can use Hammer to create levels, wich is good because i have LOTS of experience with hammer.

I know a site wiht some free texture packs to, and the 2 alien models is pretty mutch all the models i need, and maybe i will add another animation(i only need 1 more) and then im alllllllll set.

I JUST need the tutorials!

Im here to program, and chew bubblegum, and im all out of bubblegum.
Black Hydra
Years of Service
User Offline
The tutorials you get without buying the game are few and far from perfect.

I was in the same boat as you my friend with a strive to learn, some past experience but otherwise completely lost on what to do next.

There used to be a great tutorial made by binary moon but I don't know where it is anymore.

I just tried using commands playing around with this and that. Also the people, generally, are extrememly helpful so if you get stuck on your personal pursuit to gamemaking they can usually give you a helping hand.

If you are looking for basic tutorials on things like loops, randomizing, and functions dbheaven.com is a good place to go. But it doesn't explain any of the things like making 3-D objects, collision ect.

I would just keep your eyes peeled for any info you might get until you are going to buy DBPro.

And please I have seen the talent of people out here. If you don't know how to program now do not try to learn so you can win the contest. Even if you were a pro the odds are against you that you would win nevermind a beginner.

I don't know what your intentions are but don't do this if you just think you can win the contest... Sorry but I think you have to have your head in the right place to get through the inevitable frustration of learning DBPro...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 03:44:39
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 03:44:39