Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Bunker II - (GoldenEye 007 Tribute)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2011 23:38 Edited at: 4th Apr 2011 17:08

Developer: Astek

Engine: FPSC X9

Why I'm Doing This:

Well, after playing around with FPSC again, I realized what I wanted to do so I sat down for 3 hours or so
and started working on a contest entry. The more I worked, the more I realized that this could potentially be
a worthwhile project. It's a fan game obviously but I think its a perfectly reachable goal and its something that
can be completed without all the headaches of FPS wiping it out of developement. I'd like to create a multiplayer
version of Bunker 2 but I'd like to make a single-player version before even touching on that.

The Story:

You play as 007 and you are a prisoner in a soviet controlled prison. You must escape your imprisonment with
a new found ally (Natalya) in hopes to stop Janus from activating the GoldenEye satellite.

(The story is known by many but this is for structural sake).

I'm not doing this to compete with the Facility remake thread. Want to know my standing on that? I
say good luck to him! I wouldn't want to try and remake that one yet as it would require a lot more work!
If anyone wants t help on perhaps some quick segment models and perhaps helping me on the HQ room, I'd be
grateful. I can take care of most texture, world scaling, lightmapping, etc... but help on the other
things would most definitely accelerate development and improve quality.

I have a quick level done but as it stands, I certainly wouldn't release it and its more of a mediocre
play through than an honorable remake in a capable enough engine.

By the way, I forgot to put [X9] in the title. I haven't done this in a while and that
small detail left me. If a mod could fix that, I would be grateful

AMD Phenom II X6 3.2Ghz, 8GB DDR3 Extreme RAM,
ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard, Nvidia 560 Ti 1GB DDR5
Johnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 16:53
Very Nice! Good use of lighting. Any more screenshots?

The Host Is Aware Of Your Presents

FOR THE LITTLE AFRO DUDE!
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Very Nice! Good use of lighting. Any more screenshots?"

Thanks for the comments. As for having any more screenshots on-hand, I'm actually on my laptop right now
so no I do not. I'm also working on getting a better texture for the walls and getting an accurate reproduction
of the hallways. Once I get some more things done I will show more sections of the map.

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2011 21:00 Edited at: 13th Apr 2011 21:01
BUMP:

Here is my latest build as and entry into the Nostalgic Remake Contest:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W62H4JPT

Its not pretty and the the lighting isn't exactly what I wanted but I couldn't get a good hallway lighting recreation
and still keep the dark areas and shadows correct at the same time. I also note that the AK in the game needs to be missing
the stock to look real. All in all, there are several issues with this and the real world has stopped me from doing
a lot more to polish this. The screenshot in the first post I believe is version 1.09 and the latest build is
1.18 Beta 12.

I also used the laboratory full mess for most of the walls so that is why some walls have X's across them.
If anyone would like to help, even remotely, Id appreciate it. Perhaps we can get a correct release going.
Another thing to note, the wall textures are MY work and no they are not ripped from the game. The music
I choose was chosen carefully because it is not from the original game. I also take pride in my main menu
(because lets face it; its really the only pretty thing about the game in terms of the cool factor). I
did use some of Starmind's 007 pack stuff as they fit the game but not very much. The turrets don't work but at
least I included them right? I also do have some scale issues and you will notice that.

I don't claim to have made a perfect remake although, like I said, with a little dedicated help, I could do a
much better take on the game. I've attached some more screenshots to your viewing while you wait on the download.

Screenshots:

Please comment if you play it. Thanks.

gta player
Years of Service
User Offline
nice nice cant wait till fineshed i want to see what you can do
RedneckRambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2011 04:54
I'm actually very impressed with this. Goldeneye is the original console FPS game that started multiplayer for me. From just these two screenshots, I definitely am feeling nostalgic now.

I haven't touched FPSC in a year or so, but this makes me want to play a round against someone.

AKA Jenkins
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2011 05:11
Looks beautiful! Brings back some good memories
I might actually play this and write a review

Oh, and good luck in the competition!

Cheers,
Anayar

P.S:
@RedneckRambo:
Quote: "Worst state in USA... California"

I can safely say that MN is the worst state in the U.S

For KeithC
charger bandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2011 20:09
If you are still doing this,I could record a rocking theme from James Bond on guitar

ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
I think I've made some arrangements on another project and I might end up dropping this completely. Before I do though, if enough
people wanted, I would make a multiplayer version of the map and then drop support.

I'm thinking I want to go with a more "open" approach with FPSC. With all the copyrights and such surrounding GoldenEye,
I feel I could do better for myself making something not tied to any copyrighted franchise or media.

Thanks for your interest however. If I make a multiplayer version, I can lay your track over the menu or something.

ASUS M4N98TD EVO Motherboard, 2 X 9800GT in SLI
Gunbarrelguru
Years of Service
User Offline
I must say, looking at that first screenshot got me VERY excited! Keep up the great work!!! Do you plan to model your own guards, and can we expect to see a James Bond/Pierce Brosnan Model I was thinking of creating a tribute to James Bond after I finish Raj's Genesis (which is taking forever) anyway, it will be awesome to see what this turns into
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2011 03:28
this is so cool im a big fan of the N64 goldeneye.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:39:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:39:36