Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I realize I posted already on the subject but the comments I got were not very helpful from a begginers standpoint (sorry if I offended anyone)

I just need a simple answer of how the mechanics of collision work. I have been trying out the commands but to no avail.

I see Set Object Collision which detects collision but this just seems to be half of my solution. How do I access whether or not collision was fired or not? There seems to be no "Get object collided" command.

Please I need some help with how to set up collision and I would sincerely ask that I could maybe get a written explanation. I couldn't understand the confusing code snippit the last guy posted which he didn't fully explain...

Also if I may ask where did the Binary Moon tutorials go??? Unless it was BM himself why would anyone ever decide to take them off? They would solve so many problems new players have with making games...

Thank you in advance.
Mussi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2003 13:17
Quote: "There seems to be no "Get object collided" command."

yes there is:

Quote: "OBJECT COLLISION
This command will return a one if the two specified 3D objects are overlapping. If the second object
number is set to zero, the number of the object overlapping with the first object will be returned as an
integer value. The parameters should be specified using integer values.

SYNTAX
Return Integer=OBJECT COLLISION(ObjectA Number, ObjectB Number)"

Specs: AMD Athlon 1800, 256 DDRRam 266mhz, 80GB HD 7200rmp U133, Geforce 4 Ti4400 128mb ddr sdram
Black Hydra
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Mussi. I was looking through the commands menu and couldn't find that one...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 04:01:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 04:01:09