Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] Leviathan Crossfire

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2011 23:30 Edited at: 10th Apr 2011 20:03

Hey everybody,

after quite some time working silently behind the scenes, we at dhk Games proudly announce that we are working on our new FPSC indie game Leviathan Crossfire: A sci-fi first person shooter set in a distant future, with cool space ships, space marines, space .... well... SPACE!

For the impatient, and everyone who's on the hunt for screenshots - here they go, our first WIP screenshots:

Story

There are two human enemy factions in space that the game focuses on. The ongoing war between these two civilisations seems to have a sudden end now as the faction with the higher technology level has nearly finished the construction of a weapon with unbelievable power, a massive space cruiser called the Leviathan.

You play as en Elite Spec Ops Marine, and you must infiltrate the enemy Leviathan before its power can be unleashed. The question is - will you have what it takes?

Admitted, this is only the rough setting of the full plot - but give us some time to work out a detailed storyline. We do have quite a bit more than what we're presenting you here, but as it's not finished yet ... well, it's just not cool enough yet to be presented

Gameplay

Leviathan Crossfire will give you a cool mixture of tactical and action gameplay. Uhm, ok, what's that guy talking about? ... imagine a mixture of original Crysis and Unreal Tournament gameplay! You can't? Well, ... may be a bit much for the beginning. Just get used to it

By the way, comparing this upcoming, yet rather small indie title to these two giants of fps gaming is not meant to be understood as a sign of arrogance, but more as a proof of total megalomania!

We've got 5-6 weapons planned for the game, depending on how differently and useful they work out in the end. They shall be introduced later (awwwwh!)

Development

Ok, something new popping up today, and being gone tomorrow? Nope, probably not. If everything works out fine, we hope to bring you playable content within this summer. Let's avoid talking about a fully fictional final release date yet, but we will definitely not hold everything that we've got back until it dies silently by someday, but we plan to give you something to play and test from time to time.

Nice idea, but what does it mean, if everything goes fine? This means:

a) IF we do find the time to work as much on the game as we wish to
b) IF we work as effectively as we are used to
and
c) IF we find a few more people to support our kick start!

Which brings us to the...

'Job' Requests

Job... what a massive, inappropriate word... no, the point is, we are urgently looking for team members to help with this game:

• Character Designer
• Weapon Designer

For more details, please visit our game website.

Ok, enough self-advertisment for today,

all the best,

Dominik
(and dhk Games)
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2011 02:09 Edited at: 6th Apr 2011 02:12
mmm i dont remember what happened to your last game?

ok i see it failing at the project, the previous,previous and that, well some hints

i guess its rather cause you: a) get tired of it
b) got frustrated

here is the global hint.
Work on it no more than 2 hours, that way you can keep yourself exciting about what youill do the next day
this will keep you entertained, is what i do with anomaly, and so far its working! (3 Months Development)

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2011 09:04 Edited at: 6th Apr 2011 09:06
Quote: "ok i see it failing at the project, the previous,previous and that, well some hints"

You actually don't... our previous project (Xarelok) was our first one, we developed it for more than one and a half year, and we cancelled it because we did not meet our own quality criteria in the end. We also announced that in the thread. So it's not like we got bored after a few days and tried something new - this project is our second attempt to create an fpcs game, and we've improved and learned a lot from the previous one.

So no offense man, I really appreciate your comments

Back on topic... someone would like to comment our concept?
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2011 10:00
DarkJames, I guess D0MINIK has a little bit more experience than you and (obviously) knows what he's doing.

I haven't checked the development of Xarelok in a while and I must say that it is sad to see that the development has been cancelled after all this time of constant workflow.

However: this project looks a lot better I like everything, the design, the concept and the idea of mixing tactical elements with "balls of steele" scifigameplay of those good old deathmatch games.

I'm currently working on some steampunk weapons for the Shavra Remake and if you or your 3d Model designer can work with my drawingskills like they are shown on deviantArt, I would like to design you some weapons

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Wolf,

thanks for your comment! Glad you like the concept

About the concept art: I'll drop you an email within the next 7 days for sure!
Nigezu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2011 17:19
I really like the style in the screenshots.

Cool website btw
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2011 00:54 Edited at: 8th Apr 2011 00:56
Double Thanks
AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2011 13:31
If you want I could help you out with the gun rigging part.

By the way beautiful screens, but try more colour variations.

Abdul Ahad

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool, I'll shoot an email over to you as well within the next days...
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2011 17:10 Edited at: 9th Apr 2011 17:11
Quote: " A sci-fi first person shooter set in a distant future, with cool space ships, space marines, space .... well... SPACE!"

Anything with that much space in it has to be cool!

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2011 17:24 Edited at: 9th Apr 2011 17:28
Quote: "Anything with that much space in it has to be cool!"

Plus anything made by D0MINIK is definitely cool!

I'll be waiting for your email D0MINIK.

Abdul Ahad

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 20:45 Edited at: 17th May 2011 00:08
Ship Design #1

Turn the engines on, load up the weapons, charge the shields!

The story of Leviathan Crossfire will include a massive battle in space. The enemy Rakans send their most powerful weapons against the planet Nuvebe - and the friendly Nuvebians are trying to keep the huge Rakan Leviathan warship from reaching their home planet. So, in order to save their people, they engage the huge ship directly in open space. This massive, direct attack is an action of pure desperation, but nevertheless enables the Nuvebians to get a few elite soldiers onboard the Leviathan during the battle, right before it can jump into Hyperspace and head for the planet Nuvebe.

The Nuvebian fleet does not only face the well armed Leviathan itself, but also the dangerous Rakan one man fighters that effectively keep hostile ships from even only getting near enough to the Leviathan to do a useful amount of damage.

Rakan One Man Fighter

The Rakan fighters are equipped with a dual laser gun doing rather average damage, but their triple power drive makes the ship very agile and allows the pilot to avoid enemy fire quite easily and get almost every target in the crosshair within seconds, with auto aiming support. The well trained pilots of these fighters are feared in the Nuvebian fleet, for once they got as you a target, you usually don't get them off your own fighter anymore.

Here are the concepts:

Sad but true, you won't be able to fly the ships yourself (awwwh! - I know!). But they will be used for video sequences and friendly and enemy in-game footage.

Behind the Scenes

Someone on IndieDB wrote us:

Quote: "nice to see a new drawing as update, but is this really all that you have been doing lately? or is there some new still hidden content that awaits us?"

Very good question! And it does deserve an answer: We are working on more stuff behind the scenes! If you are personally not a fan of concept arts, well... you'll get through it, considering some of the coming updates We are, of course, already working on more ships!

But, people, furthermore, there is a lot of ... uhm ... very different stuff going on, we got many assets that are half-way finished, and that evolve commonly, in steps. It's not easy to create a game experience where things fit together. Ok, I see - I'll need to get you a little more excited: One of these assets is a first video trailer we're working on! But it'll still take a little more time, because - a trailer needs more or less finished content! Same goes for level design, we ARE already shaping out quite same playable basic designs, especially for the demo we hope to release soon, but these designs do still need some polishing until they can be playable and fun. 3D models, textures... don't worry, we're on all of this, and we'll show you what we've got once it's at least quite nice lookin'

Jobs

We are still looking for support! Some have already joined us, but time seems to be rare and we do still need assistance in these areas:

- Character Artist
- Weapon Modeller

If you think you can spend just a little time on it, and wish to help an indie game evolve - then go for it, we need you:
Contact us!

That's it for today,

all the best,

- Dominik
dhk Games
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2011 00:08 Edited at: 17th May 2011 00:09
Ship Design #2

A war in open space in a distant future is a cool thing ... at least, if you got spaceships. Otherwise, it may turn out quite ... exhaustive. Now, don't worry, we wouldn't let you go out there without the right equipment!

Nuvebian Fighter

The triple laser cannon of this baby is probably your first choice when it comes to burning something down. This high damage gun leaves no space for speculation when the target takes a hit. However, the Nuvebian One Man fighter is definitly NOT your first choice if you have to dodge enemy fire. The ship has a quite fast booster drive for short term accelaration, but it's neither agile nor useful for long distances. That's why you wouldn't want to have an enemy fighter in your back - you probably won't get it off your ship then. So remember: Keep your targets where you can see them, or you'll be crying for your wingman to get that bastard off you

Nuvebian Command Ship

The class A troop transport ship. About 50 years ago, that is. The Rakans don't use these ships any longer, but the Nuvebians, as a rather low-tech faction, are happy to have these heavily armored Command Ships in their armory. While the T9 turrets can defend the ship against quite a number of hostile fighters, the 2nd Generation Warp Drive allows jumping from one battlefield to another without losing time. However, todays latest Warp Drives of the 5th Generation will make your Command Ship look a little old.

Hope you can see we are developing a consistent universe for Leviathan Crossfire, and I hope you enjoyed reading this small bite of an update!

All the best,

- Dominik
dhk Games
trubkiller
Years of Service
User Offline
1.Will this have allies?
2.Yay a non horror game!

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2011 01:20 Edited at: 18th May 2011 01:20
Yeah, it will have allies. We're currently working on them

And there is indeed no horror influence in this one, just pure sci-fi!
trubkiller
Years of Service
User Offline
Can't wait dude!!!!

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Screenshot Giveaway

Hey everyone,

about time to give away another couple of screenshots for the media hunters, isn't it? Well, here is another pair of screenies of our current environment test level, without any need of further explanation:

Yeah, short and straight-to-the-point update, in opposite to my usual novel style updates. Thought it might be once a nice change

All the best,

- Dominik
dhk Games
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2011 01:03 Edited at: 14th Jun 2011 01:04
Character Design

This is Captain Sorokon, Commander of the Rakan battleship Leviathan. Marines, listen up! Get on your battle positions, await further instructions and prepare for receiving a new content update...

Equipped with a high-tech battle suite, the Rakan Marine is both, perfectly agile and heavily armored, at once. With special sensors inside and on the outside, the suite can not only protect you, but additionally analyse your current vital state, read data from a supported weapon you're currently holding in your hands, and display all important information as a Holo HUD in your helmet. The only thing this battle suite can't do is make your coffee... but, hey, we're working on it!

All credit for the model goes to Nestor Chavez. He fully modeled and textured the Rakan Marine perfectly according to our wishes and ideas. We're happy to cooperate with him and to have him on board the Leviathan, and we'll surely be able to show some more work from his side soon.

You can visit his website here.

Ok, that's it for today, Marines!

May the force be with you,

- Dominik
dhk Games
defiler
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2011 06:59
Looking good, i noticed some small minor details you should fix.

suite should be suit, unless that is what it is called in game

Current Project: Lost Contact: Chapter 1
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2011 17:04 Edited at: 15th Jun 2011 17:04
Damn, you're right!

Too lazy to fix this now
But will be respected in further posts!

Thanks!

Any more comments?
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2011 02:03
I'm not so sure...this looks like a plastic toy to me. Some old powerranger version maybe.

-Wolf

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
Twitter:@Serygala http://serygalacaffeine.blogspot.com
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Hm, ok.

Might possibly be a good idea to try some different shaders on the characters. Don't know if that will work out, though.

Thanks for your hint
ThoughtWire Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2011 19:44
You could try using a different coloured armour. Maybe replace it with an urban camo style (or any other fitting camo style). It could help to give it a less toy-like look.

ThoughtWire Software -

www.thoughtwire.co.uk
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2011 23:05 Edited at: 16th Jun 2011 23:07
Yah, I agree it might be quite a shrill red.
That is indeed yet subject to change, anyway.

But I find it a good start with this red tone because it's quite good to make the colour fit to the environment in the second step (where lighting will play a key role as well). We will definitely keep the overall texture, it's the intended style, so no camo stuff.
It just will need some final polishing steps, I guess.
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2011 00:12 Edited at: 19th Jul 2011 00:23
Ping

Since you haven't heard from us for quite some time now, we're sending you a single Ping from outer space so you know someone out there's still alive... and working on a cool indie sci-fi game.

What we've been doing so far is quite different stuff, we are working our way to the core of 'getting a good game done' from very different tunnel entrances at the moment. Like deep space miners... just without the miners...

Animations

One of the major 'tunnels' we've been working on is character animation. Sounds simple, looks obvious - but can be tricky as hell. The nasty thing about animation is, probably, once you make a change here, it can immediately look terrible over there, if you know what I mean. But after all, things are starting to turn out really nice: The Rakan Marine is looking better and better, holding weapons, running around, having a cup of coffee... wait, that's just yet to come!

You can see we have hardly touched the hands yet, they are still quite straight forward. The hands will be finalized in the near future. We are sure to have a cool basic character bringing life into our level design soon.

Assault Rifle

Nestor Chavez has worked out a brilliant Assault Rifle. This baby is the standard equippment for all Rakan and Nuvebian Space Marines. It has an impressive firerate, providing high precision at the same time. It comes with optional reflex sights and chocolate bars. I for one would prefer the chocolate bars, you know.

However, we haven't put it into the engine yet, so no in-game screenshots. You understand.

Deny

Ok, summing it up, the really absolute new content is one new gun... So what the hell are you guys doing all of the time?? No screenshots? Come on!

We got no new screenshots. No new levels, no working story elements. Really. And I have to explicitly say we are NOT working on a playable alpha demo. No. Believe me. If we were near to having all such stuff done, we'd probably immediately show it, right? So be sure: We are enjoying our time and we are currently not, honestly NOT working on the game at all!

Caught your interest?

Stay tuned (or whatever),

Yours sincerely,

- Dominik
dhk Games
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2011 23:19 Edited at: 13th Dec 2011 17:57
Hi everyone,

we got two new weapon designs for you. Here they are:

The Blaster is a precise mid-damage and mid-range laser gun. The shotgun on the other side fires heated particles against your enemies, spread on a wide range. This makes it most effective for low range attacks and frantic situations that require a quick solution

In case you're interested in more details, you can optionally read the full news here.

All the best,

Dominik
(dhk Games)
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2011 17:58 Edited at: 13th Dec 2011 17:59
Uhhh.. looks pretty dry here... time to call in some action...

Space Marines, it is my duty and my honor to present you the very first alpha game trailer for Leviathan Crossfire:

- Dominik
(dhk Games)
TheK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Dec 2011 19:04
Hey, that trailer is actually looking pretty good! Keep it up!

Greetings,
Jan

Skype name: thek491
D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Jan, thanks

Glad you like it.
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Dec 2011 17:15
Nice trailer, looks very interesting. Looking forward to playing this when it's done.
"may contain content appropriate for gamers"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:32:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:32:57