Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / A good physics library

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2011 23:54
Hi, anyone know a good physics library?

I have tried the following:

Dark physics; but it is way to bugged for me to use it and you have to download a driver before you can use it.

Newton game dynamics; the wrapper for DBPro is great but i just can't seem to make it work without some kind of error getting thrown at me (See thread in programming section)

Sparky's Col DLL; Easy to use and fast but still i need to have the possibility of adding dynamic bodies.

So anyone know a good lib? I need character controllers and dynamic bodies primarily.

Lucy in the

Sky with

Diamonds
Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
ODE? I haven't used it, just a suggestion.

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2011 01:29
Search QuickODE, free library written by pauli.

Check my sig, free physX library written by me, its not complete but has alot of features. Oh, and it has the driver issue

FERSIS
Years of Service
User Offline
Matty Halewood library Fulcum is all kind of awesome.
I approve.
iSilver
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm also a Fulcrum user. Building a Game Development system off of GDK + Fulcrum right now. I can tell you from my experience with both QuickODE and Fulcrum that QuickODE is easier to set up (by a bit, not a huge lot) and doesn't need "drivers," but Fulcrum is more feature-complete for now.

I hear that both _Pauli_ and Matty Halewood are working on new versions of their wrappers. Good things all around!
JTK
Years of Service
User Offline
My vote goes to Fulcrum. It's what I use. I've got Dark Physics but haven't taken the time to figure it out. Never touched most of the others, but Tokamok is free with source if you care to dig into it. I was planning on diving into it myself but then Matty came out with Fulcrum; if only *it* was open source...

JTK
bergice
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2011 02:14
Thanks for suggestions, i think i'm gonna try Fulcrum Physics.

Lucy in the

Sky with

Diamonds
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2011 05:24
Just letting you know, Fulcrum Physics is just a wrapper for the PhysX SDK which is what Dark Physics is as well. It's just coded better.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-06-16 03:18:43
Your offset time is: 2024-06-16 03:18:43