Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Discussion / Need Help! Just learning Dark BASIC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I just got Dark Basic Professional. When going through the tutorials on Building Standalone Executables, I tried to save the test program in the specified folder, but when I exit out of BASIC and try to look for the file it says it doesn't exist. I've tried it several times but nothing is working. Once I click build it says that it has saved. Is there something I'm doing wrong?
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Apr 2011 16:57 Edited at: 18th Apr 2011 16:57
Have you saved your source files? If your project is un-saved, it will store the exe in a temp folder. It's better to save your code, and then build.

Also, you don't have to compile the exe and then look for it to run it, you can just hit F5 in the editor, and it will compile and execute it. I think shift+F5 will only build it, and pressing F6 will execute the last compiled executable.

TheComet

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 12:37:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 12:37:58